Re: Yamachan

by TheFrancakes

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I turned off yamachan from the statue and have my home set as a private dwelling... both the mascot and random sims still show up and come inside to cook white cakes, drink water, and use my computers.  I use MCCC because that is the only way to send Yamachan away. 

Message 41 of 95 (2,001 Views)

★★★ Guide

Huh - 

I've been playtesting a build and have had the thing with random NPCs entering the lot, wandering inside, and there is no available interaction to make them leave. I've tried walling them into rooms, arguing with them or casting spells at them until they were so uncomfortable they left. No dice.

They get hungry, they raid the kitchen (no cakes yet). They get sleepy, they find an available room or a sofa. 

The only way to rid myself of them is to introduce my sim, chat them up a bit then invite them to travel to another lot. There, I break up the group and hightail it home. I've left them in Strangerville, Mt Komorebi, Magical Realms HQ...anywhere which is not the lot they wouldn't leave.  I haven't had a repeat customer yet, but different ones keep coming.

Message 42 of 95 (1,974 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Yamachan bursting into homes

★★★ Newbie

I thought this might be a grieving ritual or something, as yamachan showed up the first time moments after my sims dad died. It's not only yamachan I've had this issue with, tho.

My dead dad's kid showed up at the house while he was dying, and proceeded to half-bake a white cake. Yamachan has shown up three times, however, wheras the kid has only shown up once.

Message 43 of 95 (1,935 Views)

★★ Novice

im having the same issue, not only Yamachan but also random NPC's, come into my home and act like its theirs. I have locked all doors for everyone bar household with no effect, i have also disabled yamachan visits via the suggested way and still he/she comes. I have played with both MODS on and Mods off with no effect on the outcome. I have completely removed sims 4 and re downloaded it (Took so long as i own all the current packs) again this had no effect and the unsolicited visits persist. i have noticed that it only happens in Mount Komorebi area. i also have no NAP's active also.

Message 44 of 95 (1,895 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here.

I lived in James' starter home and he never visited. Then I temporarily moved my household to another world, and when I moved back to the same neighborhood suddenly he keeps showing  up and making stress release potions on the stove. 

And not only him btw, Abut 50% of my housegests, in general, insists on cooking at all times, but he is the only one that walks in without permission and thru locked doors.

Message 45 of 95 (1,830 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problems for me the mod mc commandcenter really helps. Do first you use it to kill the mascot. I know it's a little cruel but it works for me. And then he turns into a ghost. When he is a ghost you make him leave with the command center. (You can also kill him with the command center)

How to kill a sims with the command center: click on sims (the one you want to kill) and click mc..., then sim commands, maintain sim, and then choose a way to kill.

How to make a sims leave with command center: open mc on the yamachan, go to mc cheats and then make sim leave.

This worked for me 😊. Hope it works for you guys to!

For downloading the mod just type mc command center  in your search machine and you can find it right away. (Can't put link in, typing this on my phone xD.. I know..)😊😋

Message 46 of 95 (1,801 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, it’s late but I found the solution. You have ton find the yachaman’s statue in the village, you click on it and you click on deactivate yachaman’s visite. I hope that you understand what I mean 

Message 47 of 95 (1,731 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ebentalga82 hi, I do understand what you mean! Personally, I have tried this as so have others in this thread and sadly, it hasn't worked for us. It still happens so we're still waiting for a fix to this. If it worked for you, then that's great!
Message 48 of 95 (1,704 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yamachan visits the Itos lot multiple times a day and the first thing he does is take white cake ingredients out and then leaves them all around the house. He hasn't tried to cook that I noticed.  It's more like he's on an endless loop going in one door, getting cake ingredients, sitting them down and leaving through another door. (Always white cake.) Locking doors makes no difference. Turning off visits from the statue makes no difference. He will leave if I manually cheat him out of the house each time but he just comes back again. 

I've had the other problem of random people entering all my lots. One evening after the Festival of Light dozens of adults in Snowy Escape formal wear walked through the Nishidake house, but I guess that is a separate issue. Yamachan mainly visits my lots in Wakaba.

Message 49 of 95 (1,647 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have the random people problem. No Yamachan.

The random people waltz straight in the front door, and they usually make a beeline for the bathroom sink, where they get a glass of water, drink it, and eventually leave.

Sometimes they do this at the kitchen sink.

It's every morning, usually, and often two to three individuals at about the same time. There is no interaction to tell them to leave. It's like they view the lot as community space as far as getting a drink or water goes.

Locking the door against trespassing solicitors or neighbors does nothing, and they are not household friends.

Message 50 of 95 (1,601 Views)