[NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Sims get stuck/crash when group hiking at Senbamachi

by Wazoo53

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Sims get stuck/crash when group hiking at Senbamachi

★★ Novice

I encounter the same issue. It's not a mod issue. They all get stuck at the top of the stair and when i reset them they appear where they were supposed to be in the parkour. If i try to start hiking again from another point it happens again. It's probably the stairs.... It's awful. The hiking is also part of why i bought that expensive DLC. This needs to be fixed soon, not in few years time like in Dine out. I'm not paying for half assed games. Let's update each other if we find a solution guys

Message 11 of 21 (1,074 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is one of my favourite things to do in this pack that I bought. So many issues and bigs in these packs but this is the one that gets to me the most as it crashes my whole game via a pack functionality that I purchased. How long do these big errors typically take to get fixed as it is so frustrating and does not allow even to complete certain aspirations. Buying a broken pack Frown           

Message 12 of 21 (1,055 Views)

Re: [SE] Sims get stuck/Game crash when group hiking at Hanamigawa Park

★ Apprentice

I keep getting a message saying that I am not logged in when I try to send a message with my save file - I am definitely logged in. I am also seeing this error message when trying to hike from the park. The entire game crashes and one time the Windows desktop gave an error message failing to reboot for about a minute. I tried repairing the game and the same error keeps happening. Previously, I sent sims hiking probably several months ago and did not have this issue. I would be willing to submit my save file if those are still needed.

Message 13 of 21 (1,015 Views)

★ Apprentice

Uploaded two additional save files to my Google Drive for SimGuruRitzy (and PM'd the link) -- one prior to the group actually hiking, one while the group is in the middle of their hike and stuck at the top of the stairs.

This machine is my PC, up to date, zero mods ever used on this machine (completely clean install of all packs/expansions/kits), new save (made a Sim, moved them into a home, immediately took them on vacation to Mt Komorebi, sent them to Hanamigawa park, had them interact with a sim, added sim to a group, set "hike around with group" at the hiking sign).

Message 14 of 21 (999 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

This happened to me last night! (Not the crash, but the stuck-ness.)

I have a household of two married couples and their friend.  The friend and one of the wives are doing Extreme Sports Enthusiast, while the other three are doing Mount Komorebi Sightseer.  They live in the Old Salt House in San Myshuno.  The husband of the woman doing Extreme Sports Enthusiast and the other wife are Global Superstars. 

So, the woman doing Extreme Sports was the one I used to click the board to start the hike, since she was one of the two I was doing it for.  (The other three were just coming For Funsies.) 

The three non-famous Sims stood at the top of the stairs and the two Global Superstars did the dumb celebrity walk (sorry) up and down the hill and in circles around the people standing at the top of the stairs.  I tried to cancel and couldn't, so I reset object on one of them...

...at which point they teleported to where they should be on the trail and they were all angry with the woman who started the hike and all had a bitter sentiment against her ("terrible hike, got lost").  I was SUPER SALTY because NOT GUILTY.

I fear I used cheats to remove all sentiments from all five of them, yikes. This did, however, count as "completing a hike" for the purposes of their aspiration.  :-/  There were also forest spirits near where they ended up but it was like pulling teeth to get them to STOP STANDING AROUND and MAKE A WISH, good grief!

When the two doing Extreme Sports need to survive wildlife attacks I'm going to leave the Sightseers at home.  My Extreme Sports woman's celebrity Sightseer husband got a scared buff from the wildlife as it was and would probably concur.

[edited to add] Since you want an unmodded save, I'll see if I can get my latest test user to hike with a friend.  Er.  I was testing something Completely Other so she might have to MAKE a friend first, lol.

[edited again to add] Interesting.  So, as expected, she went hiking, she and Megumi Ito stood at the top of the stairs, then teleported to a spot, then it started raining and she ran but not all the way inside and instead stood outside the Izakaya in a thunderstorm with hiking still in her queue.  I'd saved at the start of the hike, so I exited and reloaded the game with the hike in progress... and thus far they're actually walking.  They didn't do a complete hike, though, and just walked back and forth in front of the stairs a ways and then Megumi left and she started playing on her phone.  So I restarted the hike and again, they're just standing around at the top of the stairs doing nothing.

Here's a video of my test Sim, Megumi Ito, and Geoffrey Landgraab "hiking."  https://youtu.be/HbbfDKRZvxM After an inordinately long period of time, they teleported to further along the trail.  Then there was a thunderstorm (oddly hilarious). https://youtu.be/Yk2b_78a-WA After the hike, and after the thunderstorm, she did her queued freak-out about the storm. https://youtu.be/QcseJHjQN7E

I've shared my save and the raw video files via PM;  I hope that helps!

In the meantime, apparently if you save your game once they're up the stairs and fully exit out, then reload from that point they will walk up and down the trail there and that will count as a "hike."

Message 15 of 21 (918 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Issue is still happening on a group hike. Tried loading in to various lots around Senbamachi and tried clicking different hiking board notices. They still get stuck at the top of the stairs. Both adult sims are in my household.

Message 16 of 21 (801 Views)

NPC Sims Hiking in Mt Komorebi crashes game.

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All expansions up to this point. Game Packs: All packs besides the new My Wedding Pack (not released yet). Stuff Packs: Just missing Tiny Living, Luxury Party, My First Pet and Fitness. Kits: N/A currently.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check into the solo and group hiking in Mt. Komorebi (especially when it comes to just random sims in the background hiking).
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to live in or play in Mt Komorebi as every time sims hike (solo or group, usually npc sims), they would get stuck somewhere, get an LE message and it will just crash the game. Only happens in that world as I think it it all tied into the hiking activity there. The crashes happen at random; but it always crashes eventually (usually around half hour in the game or when ever sims go on hikes). I tried repairing the game and all that, nothing worked. Still a recurring issue.
What do you expect to see? To be able to live, visit and hike in that world without it crashing. I don't know when it started happening, I say after Cottage Living and one of the patches after that. The problem is specifically related to Snowy Escape and Mt. Komorebi. Doesn't crash anywhere else.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have no files, hiking just crashes game in Mt. Komorebi. Been avoiding that world as a result. I think it is an issue of an NPC sims getting stuck when they go on a hike and can't find them to really reset the sims. My sims can just be in there home or on another lot in that world and it will happen. Tested multiple houses and all that, same result. 

Message 17 of 21 (679 Views)

Re: NPC Sims Hiking in Mt Komorebi crashes game.

Hero
@XxAirixX I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Please send your save to EA as requested here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-SE-Sims-get-stuck-crash-when-group-hiking-at/m-p/1...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 21 (643 Views)

★★ Guide
@Wazoo53 yeah. I did a Survivors kinda challenge (like that contest reality show) and one of the challenges is that they hike. Most of them just stand there when hiking on the bamboo forest. Also, they cancel the hiking sometimes.
Message 19 of 21 (596 Views)

★★ Guide

This happens on the trails on the mountain, too, where the cave statues are, the natural cove, etc. If you click on the board and tell sims to hike, they just stand there and never move. 

I've been watching a group of sims stand at the trail board and play through an endless loop of standing idles for five hours now. The sun is on its way down, so I guess I'll send them back to their lodging and NOT actually get to play through their vacation. What a fun adventure it was, watching my sims stand in one place all day, NOT do what they were directed to do, and play through the same standing idle over and over and over and over again instead. How fun!

I'm so glad I spent so much money on this EP only to have NOTHING WORK. 

Hiking is broken. Completely BROKEN. It used to work...it used to be one of my favorite features...but it doesn't work at all anymore. Now it's just idle animations stuck on an endless loop, just like pretty much everything else in this game. 

If EP features are a "limited time only" kind of thing, as in they work for a while and then stop working entirely only to never be fixed, you should probably be more clear about that with your customers. When people purchase an EP, they expect to be able to PERMANENTLY add those features to their game, not just get to use them once or twice only to have them never work again. 

Have any modders been able to fix this yet, since EA evidently can't (or won't)? I just want to be able to use the features I've paid for. Fix this please, EA...or if you can't figure out how to fix it, ask someone who knows how to code to fix it for you so your customers can have what they've paid for, because this is ridiculous. It's downright ridiculous how many features are flat out broken in this game. 

Message 20 of 21 (362 Views)