by skyemuu

Original Post

Re: Lifestyle bugged, cannot remove or gain more lifestyles

Hero
@mo5na Could you copy/Paste the content of the last Exception you're getting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 31 (2,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

A bit of an update: Even with Lifestyles turned off on my file, I get notifications that a lifestyle is at risk of being lost. Clicking the Go To Lifestyles button leads to the Lifestyles page of the active sim, showing all the lifestyles locked/grayed out. Will provide another update if my sims still get the lifestyle moodlets, since I haven't played enough to confirm or deny.

Update: I have not seen any lifestyle moodlets so far, but the notifications have remained.

they are off.PNG

Message 12 of 31 (2,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Gosh sorry, read that way to late and I've deleted it a while ago. haven't gotten any new notification since the lifestyles are just stuck. I literally am not gaining new one either. No mather what I do. Tryed to remove one by using the lifestyle coach (and the life-style go poof serum) but didn't change anything either.

Edit: I added a screenshot where you can see that there are no lifestyles added to my sims according to the normal menu (happens after travelling somewhere or switching to managing world after getting rid of lifestyles) but the lifestyle menu still shows 'em. Maybe that helps.

Screenshot Liestyle 1.PNG

Message 13 of 31 (2,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The workaholic lifestyle was causing at least 80 of Last Exceptions, so I finally went to Lifestyle coaching to remove it. But much like what this thread has pointed out, even though this particular lifestyle can no longer be seen via the simology panel, it can still be seen in the lifestyle menu, and its effect still persist on my sim, giving him moodlets. 

For now, the game tells me he gradually has lost the workaholic lifestyle due to inactivity.  But, I suspect this in it self will cause other bugs to surface, as is described in many other lifestyle related bug reports..

Message 14 of 31 (2,064 Views)

★ Apprentice

After a lot of code prodding, I believe the reason why Sims are getting 3+ Lifestyles is because it could be that the MAX_ACTIVE_LIFESTYLES may not be stopping the addition of the Lifestyles (Python Code related issue).

As for the bug where after removing a lifestyle and the SimInfo UI doesn't update and the Sim must travel to another lot to refresh it, the only thing is for the SimGurus to rectify this.

For the issue regarding where a removal of a lifestyle trait and the Lifestyle still shows up as At Risk, In Progress, etc, it can be attributed to the traitStatistics, I have found that traitStatistics with 2 Lifestyles tends to be more finicky when I set their stats to 0, but they show as At Risk.

For Issue 1 of the list in this post, I think that the 3+ Lifestyles Issue could be solved if something like the Curses System is used. I have found that the Curses system has a certain testset that stops the addition of curses if the Sim has 3 Curses. Though implementing this has its own issues, especially the progress statistics. [I should mention that this is 100% a working theory and I'm testing it]

Message 15 of 31 (2,041 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle not fully removed, blocking from gaining/removing more

★ Guide

Same problem. It's unbelievably frustrating.

Game assigns too many lifestyles to my Sim. I remove the extra lifestyles. Game says it's been removed but still gives constant negative moodlets related to that lifestyle anyway. Removing the moodlets is only a temporary fix; they come back every time I travel to a new lot. I also get script errors every time I travel basically telling me the game can't remove the lifestyle. Disabling lifestyles in the game settings and clearing the cache does not fix the issue.

Lifestyles are completely broken.

Message 16 of 31 (1,995 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle not fully removed, blocking from gaining/removing more

★★★ Guide

@crinrict 

Not sure which post this belongs in, so I'll post this in a couple places.  It has to do with corrupted lifestyles errors.

After quite a bit of trial and error (so to speak), here is what I have discovered.  I had saved my Sim with Workaholic at risk of being lost.  When it finally drops, the errors begin.

If I use a cheat to remove it, the errors begin.

I also note, that the lifestyles I do have, are shown in the panel, but are not "lit up as active" when I click on the Lifestyle Button.  When I start a new game, I have to use a cheat to remove them, and then cheat again to get them back.

Message 17 of 31 (1,952 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 31 (1,881 Views)

★ Novice

For some reason, i can't dm you. I have this error happening and i could send the savefile to you.

Message 19 of 31 (1,716 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I got an LE from it.

Message 20 of 31 (1,609 Views)