Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Lifestyle not removed, blocking from gaining/removing mor

by arkeiris77

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Lifestyle not removed, blocking from gaining/removing mor

★★★★ Novice

I can't believe how badly broken lifestyles are. They add little to gameplay too. Instead of focusing on new packs etc, they need to fix what's broken to begin with. 

Message 21 of 31 (1,717 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This issue is still happening after the patch on January 21. My sim got the Close Knit lifestyle by mistake, and it can't be removed. I've tried just cheating and clicking on my sim to remove the lifestyle, but it won't go away. When I go to remove it again, I can't because it says she doesn't have it anymore. But when I open her lifestyles panel, it says she still has it, and she still gets tense moodlets for the Close Knit lifestyle. Both lifestyle coaching and the potion to remove a lifestyle do the same thing and won't remove the lifestyle from the lifestyles panel. It doesn't even remove it when I use "testingcheats true" then add and remove the trait with "traits.equip_trait...." and "traits.remove_trait....". I tried all the suggested fixes today, and none of them work. I've stopped playing any gameplay because of this. I was really hoping the January patch would have fixed a lot more bugs than it did. 

Message 22 of 31 (1,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I also have this bug in my game. I cheated (traits.equip_trait...) and added HealthFoodNut and HungryForLove to a sim, after playing for a while the game added AdrenalineSeeker, Energetic and CloseKnit. Tried to get rid of these with cheats but they will still show up in the Lifestyles panel and in the new Sim panel (showing 5 Lifestyles for this sim).

Message 23 of 31 (1,656 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I have this problem and have a last exception on launch:

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>ca2f082079c0c74602364a6</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-02-09 23:46:39</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.70.84.1020-1.200.000.485.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>sim_knowledge.py:52</categoryid><desyncid>ca2f082079c0c74602364a6</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[manus] lifestyle_service failed to handle on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded due to exception (KeyError: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.trait_Lifestyles_Networker'&gtWink&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 117, in wrapped&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 113, in finally_wrap&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 365, in c_api_client_connect&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 563, in do_zone_spin_up&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1488, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 258, in on_enter&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\game_services.py", line 39, in on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 439, in on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\lifestyle_service.py", line 159, in on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\lifestyle_service.py", line 133, in _cleanup_lifestyles&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\traits\trait_tracker.py", line 601, in remove_traits_of_type&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\traits\trait_tracker.py", line 549, in _remove_trait&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\traits\trait_tracker.py", line 1289, in _remove_trait_knowledge&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_tracker.py", line 362, in remove_known_trait&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 921, in remove_known_trait&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\sim_knowledge.py", line 52, in remove_known_trait&#13;&#10;KeyError: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.trait_Lifestyles_Networker'&gt;rtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 46.64&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,91,46291&#13; &#10;Modded: True&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19041 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 930MX nvldumdx.dll 27.21.14.5241, GUID: D7B71E3E-500E-11CF-E167-DE2718C2D635&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

I've disabled lifestyles in an attempt to get my Sims to stop being Workaholics, because it's SUPER ANNOYING OMG.  I've also tried cheating it off them with the built-in shift-click menu enabled with testing cheats. 

Message 24 of 31 (1,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I came on here to find answers of how to fix this and found another thread talking about cheating it by Shift-Clicking on the sim. It didn't work for me but then I deleted the localthumbcache and the onlinethumbnailcache files in the Sims 4 folder and it's fixed for me. 

Edited to add: Make sure your game isn't running when doing that, of course. 

Message 25 of 31 (1,494 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

So, this isn't the first problem I've had, and it shows how much I love the game that I still keep playing, nearly 1300 hours, now, even if frustration means needing to take long breaks. But it's getting really bad now, and lifestyles is just the latest example of how bad it's getting. I don't like using cheats, where I can help it, but I am getting sick of having to restart over and over and over again. Right now, as this gameplay save will show, if someone will let me send it to them, if you enable lifestyles in the options menu, you'll see there's four. Even as you load the game though, with lifestyle's disabled in the options, she's still being affected by one. I've even tried using cheats to remove them. I've tried everything I can see on this board. The only plus I have, right now, is that I do still have the very first save, from when I created the character as a teenager, and she's not long ago hit the young adult stage. I've yet to have a character do whole life, and it's been a long time since one had gone from toddler to young adult.

At this moment, I can't supply a lastexception file since, I don't know why, but sometimes lighter bugs will fix if you remove that file along with the thumbnail cache one. But... I hope someone can take a look at the code and tell me what's going wrong, here, please?

Message 26 of 31 (1,366 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle not fully removed, blocking from gaining/removing more

★ Pro

Attached is LE for Close Knit Lifestyle that I received. The sim had gotten an at risk of losing notice and is suffering from tense moodlets. I think the game was trying to remove the lifestyle and couldn't do so. This was, and now remains, the only lifestyle the sim has so I am unsure if Close Knit is now preventing her from adding another.

@crinrict  I see on page 2 that SimGuruNick requested saves for this issue but you don't have the thread marked as needs saves. Consequently, I'm unsure if saves are still needed, or if they've replicated the issue now and my posted LE is sufficient. LMK if you think saves are still needed and I'll be happy to send the one I put in a .rar after getting the LE.

I play on PC; English; All content released to date installed; 1.72.28.1030 and never used mods/cc. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 27 of 31 (1,282 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle not fully removed, blocking from gaining/removing more

Hero
@dolldrms1 Must have missed the request. I'll adjust tag

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 31 (1,254 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Thanks, Crin. I sure hope they let you know if they no longer need saves. Sure would reduce their DMs, if you knew to change the tag, which I thought might be the case here initially.
Message 29 of 31 (1,237 Views)

★ Guide

I do have the same issue. It worked after the release of the pack, but somewhere during the last two months or so, it stopped working.

Message 30 of 31 (1,004 Views)