[OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle Outdoorsy: moodlet for being inside while outside

by rottenmeier

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Lifestyle Outdoorsy: moodlet for being inside while outsi

★★★ Guide

I've seen this with one of my Sims. She has the energetic and outdoorsy lifestyles, so she'll get bored from inactivity and bored from being inside. Problem is, she's outside doing things and the bored moodlets don't go away. Example: She was bored so I had her ride her bike around for awhile which resulted in an Energetic moodlet. However, the 2 Bored moodlets were still there, they just weren't strong enough to overcome the Energetic. I'm going to send my save file to @SimGuruNick when I get a chance.

Message 11 of 20 (1,957 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle Outdoorsy: moodlet for being inside while being outsid

★ Novice

I'm not sure how to send a DM, so I figured I could post this as a reply. 

Here is my save data where this is occurring. My sim will get a bored moodlet from being indoors while working on flower arrangements outdoors. I'm not sure if this will be helpful as I have mods installed, but I saw this issue needed saves so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Let me know if I did anything wrong setting this up. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vKOYtKjaC8cs4eevs93nO1SRIZXDkKX-/view?usp=sharing

Message 12 of 20 (772 Views)

Outdoorsy sim feeling 'Trapped inside' from making Flower Arrangements outside

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSIONS: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living. GAME PACKS: Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Outdoor Retreat STUFF PACKS: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Backyard, Laundry Day, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a Flower Arrangement Table outside and have an Outdoorsy Lifestyle Sim work on it
What happens when the bug occurs? "Trapped Inside" Moodlet appears after working on a single arrangement
What do you expect to see? No "Trapped Inside" moodlet when the bench is placed outdoors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims with the Outdoorsy Lifestyle act as if they are indoors when interacting with the Flower Arrangement table, even if it's placed outside.

This breaks the immersion of a Gardening-heavy Sim who works on floral arrangements an other crafts in the outdoors.

2022-07-26_21-39-23.jpg

Message 13 of 20 (762 Views)

Re: Outdoorsy sim feeling 'Trapped inside' from making Flower Arrangements outsi

Hero
@paindax I merged your thread with the master on the outdoorsy livestyle being triggered outside. Could you send your save to EA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (714 Views)

Re: Outdoorsy sim feeling 'Trapped inside' from making Flower Arrangements outsi

★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you, I've forwarded my Save file to EA!
Message 15 of 20 (701 Views)

Re: [SE] Outdoorsy sim feeling 'Trapped inside' from Manual Laborer career

★★ Pro

This is still very much happening.. Disappointed This career is perfect for sims who want to mostly live off gardening and farming and it works great for them (in terms of scheduling and what personality I imagine them having) to easily make a little extra money by doing this job on the weekends. Sims like these tend to develop the Outdoorsy lifestyle (which is great and makes total sense) but then they hate this career that should actually be perfect for them. 

By everything it says in the job description and all the work event popups it should clearly be an outdoorsy career and not an office job indoors.

Message 16 of 20 (671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@paindaxHow do you send your save file to EA? I also can send a save file with very much the same issue of Flower-Arranging vs. Outdoorsy Lifestyle incompatibility and never had any mods installed (except now I'm starting to look at a mod to balance this issue!)

Message 17 of 20 (605 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Lifestyle Outdoorsy: moodlet for being inside while outsi

★★★ Novice

There are definitely two parts to this bug: the first is the activities that trigger the Bored moodlet which seem like they should be compatible with an 'outdoorsy' lifestyle but aren't, and the second is that once the Bored moodlet is triggered by said "outdoorsy" activities, any steps taken to address the Bored moodlet fail and the only option is to wait it out.

So for example my Outdoorsy Sim, who is a Gardener in the Floral Design branch and gets a boost to work performance for their Outdoorsy Lifestyle, spends too long Flower Arranging at home even though their crafting table is outside. Bored From Being Inside moodlet appears (duration 4 hours). Sim immediately stops doing Flower Arranging and switches to something like Rake Leaves. Sim continues to be bored Raking Leaves until the 4 hour duration is up or until another powerful moodlet takes over, whereby the Bored moodlet still doesn't vanish, it is only pushed back in the queue or fluctuated between, depending on the additional moodlet. At one point my Sim was comically yo-yo-ing between Bored and Inspired doing the same goddamn Outdoorsy activity.

It does seem like triggering the Bored moodlet is an oversight and the duration of the Bored moodlet is faulty in that nothing can be done to decrease the duration such as with a Scared moodlet from, say, a thunderstorm where a Sim can go inside to no longer be Scared, or hide under the covers to reduce the amount of time spent Scared. 

Message 18 of 20 (599 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same but opposite, my indoorsy sim is getting the outdoors debuffs while staying her her apartment for three days straight, I think somehow outdoor and indoor got mixed up...

Message 19 of 20 (453 Views)

Re: [SE] Outdoorsy sim feeling 'Trapped inside' from Manual Laborer career

Champion
@siirysiir I was going to open a new bug report, but it looks like what I was going to report has previously been merged into this thread (#9).

The manual laborer is obviously an outdoor job - lawn mower, landscaper, backhoe operator - and yet my outdoorsy sims always instantly get the stressed from being cooped up indoors moodlet as soon as they leave for work. It's really frustrating.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 20 of 20 (219 Views)