by TBean1632

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Clothes in Hot Spring

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the hot spring at Sutefani Onsen Bathhouse
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim and all other sims wear their regular clothes in the hot spring. I change my aim into a bathing suit and before entering the hot spring she changes back into her regular everyday outfit.
What do you expect to see? I expect all sims to change into sim wear when entering the hotspring.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch in November 2020

My sim and another random sim with clothes on in the hot spring...happens everytime. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (1,050 Views)

Re: Clothes in Hot Spring

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,034 Views)

Hero
@TBean1632 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (972 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I am, I tried what was suggested and nothing changed. 

Message 4 of 10 (965 Views)

Hero
@TBean1632 Even on a new save ? Do they also shower in clothing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (960 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, it is exclusive to the hot springs.

Message 6 of 10 (950 Views)

Hero
@TBean1632 And they do it too on a new save that never had mods/cc with new Sims you randomly generated to test (or used premades) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (941 Views)

★★ Novice

I have taken all of my mods out and randomly generated sims, and still the same error. They even go out of their way to change into everyday clothes to get in the hot springs. I changed one of my sims into swimwear and she changed back into everyday to get in.

Message 8 of 10 (933 Views)

Hero
@TBean1632 Very strange.

Out of ideas sorry.

Let's see if others have this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (927 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (866 Views)