by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Bugged skis/snowboards littering slopes

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansion/packs except Paranormal installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send your sims skiing/snowboarding for a while on high intensity.
What happens when the bug occurs? A snowboard or pair of skis are left behind at the bottom of the slope. They cannot be deleted, removed or put back into the sims inventory.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sims to not lose their skis/snowboards on the slope and for them to return to the sims' inventories.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's not a massive bug as it doesn't affect gameplay except for the fact that the sim will lose their skis/snowboard and will have to buy new ones, but it's a little annoying to have the slopes of Mt Komorebi littered with bugged snowsports equipment!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 22 (3,857 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [SE] Bugged skis/snowboards littering slopes

Hero
@cfenners Do they go away if you travel to a different world and back or just to another lot even ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (3,833 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi there,

They remain stuck on the slope even if I go away to a different world and come back. They also remain no matter which of the 4 lots I travel between on Mt Komorebi. The snowboard and skis remain always there.

Message 3 of 22 (3,819 Views)

Hero
@cfenners ok. Thanks for report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (3,817 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue and is mainly on the bunny slopes. I've tried reloading the game, playing with a different family and leaving the current lot, but it the snowboard is still left on the slope. 

Message 5 of 22 (3,769 Views)

★ Novice

It is a major bug because after a short while you're some can't ask on those slopes. 

Message 6 of 22 (3,711 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That's unfortunate to know, I'd be incredibly annoyed and sad if I could no longer ski/snowboard on Mt Komorebi. 

Message 7 of 22 (3,691 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @crinrict, is it possible to add this problem to the (compiled) bug reports list of Snowy escape?
After trying all the options, it is still not possible to remove the ski's which are left behind on a slope. Very annoying. Thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 22 (3,476 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Same thing here. That was my favorite snowboard, too, and now it's gone forever... waahhh!

@JoylynnI know you posted quite some time ago. If you hit CTRL-SHIFT-C to bring up the cheats window, you can then type in: testingcheats on to turn on cheats and then you can SHIFT-RIGHT CLICK on the snowboards to destroy them from the game.

Message 9 of 22 (3,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Simmie99 Sorry, didn't see this. I can't add everything anymore so I only add stuff now once it reaches a certain amount of me toos or is game breaking. The list would be too long otherwise.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (3,349 Views)