by Kathykins

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Seed Packets spawn and multiply in Family Inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place harvestfest gnome in sim inventory (I did it on a dorm lot she lived in when harvestfest was over). Check family inventory after a few sim hours (1-3 hours should start spawning). *note* I moved the sim to a normal residential lot for the final uni term which is where she discovered hundreds of seed packets in her inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? Seed packets start spawning and multiplying quickly in Family Inventory, which is inaccessible while sims live on University Housing.
What do you expect to see? I don't expect any seed packets to spawn in the household inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Seed packets spawn and multiply in family inventory if harvestfest gnome is in sim inventory even after Harvestfest is over.  Family inventory is inaccessible to sims living in Student Housing making this issue potentially problematic. 1-3 seed packets spawn every 1-2 sim hours.

Workaround - remove all gnomes from sim inventory to stop the packets spawning in Family Inventory. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (4,965 Views)

Re: Seed Packets spawn and multiply in Family Inventory

Hero
@mysticalmaid Are those pre-patch gnomes from before Nov 12th patch or did you acquire them after ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (4,893 Views)

Re: Seed Packets spawn and multiply in Family Inventory

★ Guide

After, this save and sim are all new from installing University on the weekend.  I don't know if it started before last night's patch because I couldn't see the inventory.

Message 3 of 13 (4,880 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Seed Packets spawn and multiply in Family Inventory

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@crinrict I was able to duplicate this on PS4. Placing the gnomes in the Sim inventory causes them to not deactivate after the holiday and they spawn seeds in the household inventory. This was on a new game as of V1.22/1.23

The Sims™ 4_20200218101557.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20200218101702.jpg

Message 4 of 13 (4,770 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file? You can DM the link to me. Thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 13 (4,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SimGuruNick 
spreading seeds - day 10 of summer.jpg

I have a gnome that has been spreading seed packets in the lot since Harvest Fest. In the game it's now day 10 of summer. Please see this screenshot showing today in my game - I cleared seeds, and by 4:10pm in the afternoon he had spread seeds.

So I used him to experiment as follows:

I added him to the household inventory. I played for 4 sim days and no seed packets spawned in household inventory.

I then added him to Eva's personal inventory - the female of the couple in the home. Seed packets have now been spawning in the household inventory.

I've sent a link to the save to you via DM (Google Drive). The game save is called "New Build Testing". Go to Newcrest > Blue Gnome Micro Home (Hayes-Merchant household). Thanks!

Note: I have all packs, no mods or cc, all updates, and I am on Mac..

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 6 of 13 (4,677 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Seed Packets spawn and multiply in Family Inventory

★★★ Pro

I did the following:

1. Gnomes spawned on Harvestfest
  2. I added more gnomes for fun
  3. I had my Sim kick a gnome because she is evil
  4. All gnomes turned angry.  I had other Sims that had the gnome tradition
  5. I went into Build mode and I bought two gnomes
  6. My Sims that had not completed the tradition appeased these gnomes and the two new gnomes I added have a halo
  7. Sims completed the other tasks for Harvestfest
  8. I canceled the event early
  9. Gnomes without the halo turned back to normal
  10. Gnomes with the halo keep spawning seed packets
  11. Deleted all gnomes except the ones without the halo 
Message 7 of 13 (4,636 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Seed Packets spawn and multiply in Family Inventory

★★★ Guide
I'm playing a fairly new save. Harvest Fest the first year, my sim put the gnomes in his inventory after the holiday was over. Seed packets have started to spawn in household inventory. I sold the gnomes, I still found packets in inventory. Its currently empty since I sold off the seeds. I haven't waited to see if more would spawn. I'll play a bit more and see.

I have not tested without mods.
Message 8 of 13 (4,508 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Seed Packets spawn and multiply in Family Inventory

★★★★ Novice

I also have the problem and I hate it because you get infinite seeds so infinite money so in the end the game becomes too freaking easy

Message 9 of 13 (3,843 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Seed Packets spawn and multiply in Family Inventory

★★ Guide

since this topic is still open, I would like to say that I just created a new family. Not even 24 game hours have gone by, but the family already has 9x summer seeds, 5x winter seeds, 8x spring seeds and 4x autumn seeds spawned in their inventory. There was no harvest fest, and there are also no gnomes...

Message 10 of 13 (2,758 Views)