Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [S] Scheduling Event Using Calendar Causes Last Exception

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Dine Out, Parenthood Stuff, Spa Day, Strangerville Packs: My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim use the calendar to schedule an event such as a birthday party on the same day as a holiday.
What happens when the bug occurs? A last exception file is created.
What do you expect to see? No last exception file to be created.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here is the code:  

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<report>
<version>2</version>
<sessionid>6c004c972d442a1c5e57ffd0</sessionid>
<type>desync</type>
<sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
<createtime>2020-02-27 14:41:46</createtime>
<buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.61.15.1020-1.200.000.440.Release</buildsignature>
<categoryid>continuous_statistic.py:150</categoryid>
<desyncid>6c004c972d442a1c5e57ffd0</desyncid>
<systemconfig/>
<screenshot/>
<desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (TypeError: '&lt;' not supported between instances of 'DateAndTime' and 'UnsetType')&#xD;
Traceback (most recent call last):&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in _run&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\continuous_statistic.py", line 801, in _alarm_callback&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\continuous_statistic.py", line 822, in _trigger_callback&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\base_statistic_listener.py", line 76, in trigger_callback&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\ranked_statistic.py", line 673, in _callback_handler&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\progressive_statistic_callback_mixin.py", line 46, in refresh_threshold_callback&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\base_statistic.py", line 681, in create_and_add_callback_listener&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\continuous_statistic.py", line 351, in add_callback_listener&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\base_statistic.py", line 689, in add_callback_listener&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\continuous_statistic.py", line 388, in _insert_callback_listener&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\continuous_statistic.py", line 852, in _find_insertion_point&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\continuous_statistic.py", line 150, in __lt__&#xD;
TypeError: '&lt;' not supported between instances of 'DateAndTime' and 'UnsetType'&#xD;
rtim=0&#xD;
ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata>
</report>

Edit By Crinrict: Put LE in spoilertags for readability 

Message 1 of 11 (1,820 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Scheduling Event Using Calendar Causes Last Exception

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Do you possibly have a save file that reproduce this exception? You can DM the link to me, thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (1,679 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@canelacaliente Do you see anything else happening in game then the exception ? Does the event not get created or does it lead to any issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,764 Views)

★★★ Pro

@crinrict There were a few things I saw with the event.  Some already have threads:

There is not a thread for this issue but Sims show up to parties when the timer is over halfway done.  This makes it really difficult to have a silver/gold level party.  The only thing that helped was having a Sim with a good reputation.

Message 3 of 11 (1,739 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Do you possibly have a save file that reproduce this exception? You can DM the link to me, thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 11 (1,680 Views)

Deleted Family After Soft-crash involving Sim On Fire + Birthday Event

★ Guide

Although I was able to recover the save game with minimal damage - there was an incident where a household had been deleted from my game during a fatal error that "soft" crashed my game (it didn't "hard" crash but it did prompt me to close and reopen). The Error in question was likely caused by travelling to a pool-side birthday event just as the parent sim (the child's birthday which she was invited to was in the middle of the travel screen already when on fire) caught on fire from the washing machine(?). I didn't see the sim actually catch fire but I saw when they were on-fire for sure and they were in front of the washing machine/dryer combo. It seems on rare occasions travel-blocking because of fire is exposed to a racing condition(programming term for the uninitiated that means "it's playing catch-up with the commands") which results in a fatal error. Unfortunately it claimed my household (even deleted them from the library) but as I said recovering the save to an earlier version was able to restore the household. 

The Main Reason I'm posting this is because I am unsure where to post bug reports and I really want anyone else that suffers from this to know that your save-game can be recovered IF you get to it in time (the save game menu only had the last 3 saves recoverable; note: it doesn't matter if the recovered save was for the household you were playing last - only that it contains the household in it's "world")

Also saving after a fatal error is unwise (because I did and it still deleted the family)

Message 5 of 11 (1,547 Views)

★ Guide

I /think/ this may actually be the cause of my Soft-crash that deleted my household from my save now...it probably started with the fact that I had scheduled a birthday party on the same day as the event (but not with the "Now" Option, instead by selecting a time in the future on the same day). This sounds /exactly/ like what happened there; I don't have the save file (since recovered it to restore my family - not sure if it's been overwritten but it LOOKED like all data in the file regarding the household was expunged.) I could test a bit more and get back to you with my results now that I know what to look for but I'm afraid it'll probably be a hit or miss kinda thing...

Message 6 of 11 (1,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimGuruNickI wasn't able to "Fresh" repro the bug in the expected conditions but I did manage to upload my /entire/ Sims 4 Directory to OneDrive for the original occurance (don't ask me how - I shouldn't have that much space lol). https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnnuyLbycTtNg4lcCGKBAcUOIoC9Zw 

edit: I probably should've excluded my custom music from that upload, major derp on my part...oh well what came from the sea has returned to the sea...

Message 7 of 11 (1,586 Views)

Hero
@LeissaMyst Unfortunately, the save itself is missing on that link. The folder is empty.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Maybe I shared it incorrectly - lemme have a look and I'll get back to you...

OK Onedrive didn't upload anything to the sub-folders so I'm uploading them now - the link SHOULD be the same as before (i just manually uploaded the saves to the saves directory of the same folder). The good news is it appears my custom music didn't make it to the internet after all :D; if you need the files from any of the other directories I'll need to upload them as well so be sure to keep me in the loop if you need something else (e.g. cache or whatever). Hopefully I got it right this time :D

Edit: BTW The Save-file name is "Main Save" that the problem occurred on; It /should/ be at the point just after the error in question, because I didn't save it after determining the file was faulty, but instead recovered an earlier version named "Main Save {Recovery]" The Household that was deleted (and that I was playing when the game was crashing) was named "Lockless" - It consists of a single mom alien and her daughter (not to be confused with "Lockheart" which was uneffected) They lived in the City Apartment that has 2 units in the Spice District.

Message 9 of 11 (1,536 Views)

Hero
@LeissaMyst Thanks. I'll let QA know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,528 Views)