by KonekoFoxglove

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [S] No random Gnomes on holidays

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the Harvest Holiday going on.
What happens when the bug occurs? The gnomes that should appear randomly in the lot during this holiday (it's a holiday tradition) DON'T appear at all. I waited through all the holiday and no gnome spawned. Yes I was in my residential lot too.
What do you expect to see? The gnomes spawning during the Harverst Holiday as expected of this holiday tradition as EA states that it would happen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As I said, I had the Harvest Holiday going on and I waited till it's deadline to see the gnomes spawning in the lot, as the holiday tradition says it would happen, also as it was made to happen, but NONE gnome was spawned at all. Don't have how to attach images because, well, I'll have to take it during all the holiday hours to show it, it's impossible to track through pictures because it's the ABSENCE of the gnomes.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 22 (8,994 Views)

Re: THE SIMS 4 SEASONS BUG - HARVEST HOLIDAY DOESN'T SPAWN ANY GNOMES

★★ Guide

I have seen this in my game, too. I've only had one harvest fest so far, so I can't say if they won't show up every time or if it's just occasionally. 

Message 2 of 22 (8,957 Views)

Re: THE SIMS 4 SEASONS BUG - HARVEST HOLIDAY DOESN'T SPAWN ANY GNOMES

★ Guide

I've seen this bug and also seen the flower bunny not spawn on egg day and no children knocking on the door to trick or treat at halloween so far in my game. It's a bit inconsistent, however so far, i've played the holiday two times and none of these events that are set as traditions have spawned. There are children in my game, nothing should be stopping the other 2 from working, so not sure about this one, but definitely seems like an issue with spawning some holiday tradition features. 

Message 3 of 22 (8,952 Views)

Re: No gnome

Hero

Hi @wobibobi @Bobalalosa @KonekoFoxglove

Does this only happen in certain neighborhoods or in all of them ?

Did you check if he's stuck somewhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (8,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict I played in Willow Creek when the gnomes didn't show up. It was a small house on a 30x20 lot, so I had a good overview over the whole lot. However I tested it again just now in a different save in Brindleton Bay and I had no problem there, gnomes everywhere. It seems to be either neighborhood-related or an occassional thing or triggered by something entirely different. 

I haven't had any problems with either the flower bunny or the trick-or-treaters yet, those worked fine for me so far. (The trick-or-treaters showed up on the same lot where I had problems with the gnomes) 

Message 5 of 22 (8,892 Views)

Hero

Is this on a pre-existing save or new ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (8,879 Views)

★★ Guide

The buggy save and the control save where it worked were both pre-existing. 

Message 7 of 22 (8,875 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Consider yourself lucky. My gnomes do appear and they block the game. At the end of harvest fest it goes into sim is ageing up mode and i can not save/buy. Frown

Message 8 of 22 (8,854 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [S] No random Gnomes on holidays

★ Novice

I had this happen too in a 20x30 lot in Windenburg. Did you try your inventory as I found the gnomes in there.

Message 9 of 22 (8,831 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [S] No random Gnomes on holidays

★★ Guide

I'm not sure if I looked into the inventory while the holiday was going on, but I checked it now (it's the first winter after that harvest fest) and there weren't any. When did you find the gnomes in your inventory? 

Message 10 of 22 (8,821 Views)