Re: [OPEN] [S] NPC Holiday Decorations getting stuck (Patch 1.55)

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dutch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After every holiday the decorations staying up in certain areas. Like Winterfest, Loveday, Harvest Fest. The decorations are changing after these holidays. So just play the holidays and look around in certain areas, like parcs.

What happens when the bug occurs? On the day of the holiday the decorations in all the worlds change to Winterfest, Loveday of Harvest Fest. That's great, but when the holidays are over the decorations of the past holiday stays up. I can't remove them. I've tried to create a holiday without decorations, but even then the decorations of one the holidays I've descript above are staying up. Nothing seems to work to remove them.
What do you expect to see? Decorations should disappear on public lots after the holiday has passed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, a few weddingdresses which I only use during weddings. Even when I remove them the decorations aren't going away.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I hope you can help us with this problem. I want to thank you in advance. You work hard and I appreciate it.

Message 21 of 43 (1,773 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Vivianne-1993I am sure this bug is not related to your CC. I have the same bug in one of my game saves that is mod/CC free (never used). Creating a custom holiday with no decorations did not work for me either. Please be sure to click the Me Too button at the beginning of this thread.

Message 22 of 43 (1,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

So I found how to fix it for me on public and residental lots.
Travel to the area with the problem at 7 am. Create a holiday for the day after with no decor. Save the game. Delete the holiday. Wait until the decor disappears. Reload the game. The decor will be gone when you reload. And repeat: Travel to a new problem area, save, delete holiday, wait, reload.
The reason for this method is becuase when I just delete the hoilday and traveled to a new area I couldn't create a new holiday anymore. So in that case I would only have been able to clear one area per day.

Message 23 of 43 (1,670 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm still having this problem. I have the latest patch and no cc or mods loaded.

Message 24 of 43 (1,630 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SisterGloomy, Thank you for sharing your fix. You can also plan a holiday with no decorations. It worked for me for now, but I hope this bug gets fixed soon, so we don't have to find other solutions.
Message 25 of 43 (1,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone still experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 26 of 43 (5,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I've send you a private message @SimGuruNick with a Google Drive shareable link to my saved file. I hope it will help you in solving this problem. Thank you in advance!

Message 27 of 43 (1,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Even though this has claim to be "Fixed", it never was fixed in my game. It was either Love Day or Winterfest, and every region I visited, It permanently decorated every buildable lot in that area. Of Course there's the attic decoration box, it will remove them ONLY if you OWN the lot, but if it's a community lot you lose big time. 

Anyway there's no need to create a custom holiday (Since half the time that didn't work for me anyway).

There is now a mod that lets you remove decorations on ANY lot, if it's a community or residental, it's called immediatedecooptionsforunownedlots

[Admin - removed mod link]

Scroll down you will find it. Standard smile 

This mod saved my game's frustration!

Message 28 of 43 (1,474 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've sent you a second private message @SimGuruNick with a Google Drive shareable link to both saved files. I hope it will help you in solving this problem. Thank you in advance!

Message 29 of 43 (1,401 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] NPC Holiday Decorations getting stuck (Patch 1.55)

★ Apprentice

I have this happen all the time it’s really annoying to have Christmas decorations or loves day decorations up in the middle of spring or summer on random houses or bars etc I’ve had this bug forever! I’ve seen JamesTurner have this bug as well I’m his videos I really hope it can get fixed 🥺 or is there way to just stop decorations from even going up at all 

Message 30 of 43 (1,324 Views)