Re: Automatic decorations on Fences and icicles on roof edges

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@crinrictI am seeing a form of this bug in my current save. I had stuck decorations from Love Day on all the houses in my Willow Creek neighborhood. It was already summer and the decorations were still there long after I cleared the decorations from my house. The "adding a new holiday with no decorations" workaround did clear the decorations from all of the houses. Thanks for that!

An odd thing though is I am still seeing stuck decorations going all the way back to Winterfest in one neighborhood in Windenburg. It's the neighborhood with the gym, night club, pool, etc. The workaround did not clear the decorations from these buildings. I checked all the other locations in Windenburg and they are all fine, as are all other locations in my other worlds, so it is just that one neighborhood. It's not really bothering me that much as Windenburg looks nice with winter holiday decorations anyway. I do not know of any way to manually remove holiday decorations from public venues. I just wanted to add all this in case anyone else is seeing the same thing.

The game save is CC and mod-free.

Message 11 of 43 (1,722 Views)

★★★ Guide

On the main street on my Oasis Springs, my Entire row of community lot buildings are permanently stuck with Love Day decorations, I tried everything, even demolishing them and replacing/building an entire new buildings. It immediately gets decorated with Love Day decorations as soon as you visit it. 

Strange it's only that region affected.  

Message 12 of 43 (1,696 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] NPC Holiday Decorations getting stuck (Patch 1.55)

★★★★★ Novice

Have this issue happening on a community lot I just built. It's got Love Day decorations up (it wasn't even Love Day) and they won't go away. Cant remove them because it's a bar and the sim can't own it.

Message 13 of 43 (1,664 Views)

★★★ Expert
@faded-springs Did you try crinrict's "adding a new custom holiday with no decorations" workaround to try to clear the decorations? It partially worked for me, meaning it did clear some stuck holiday decorations but not all of them. Just out of curiosity, which world/ neighborhood is your bar located at?
Message 14 of 43 (1,647 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@faded-springs You can use the cheat bb.enablefreebuild when you're at the bar with a sim, then you can go into build mode, buy the decoration box from the decorations category, go into play mode to let the sim take down the decorations by clicking the decoration box, then sell the box. It's just a temporary fix though.
Message 15 of 43 (1,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@SqueamishNerd tried that, I can buy the box but not use it once I'm back in live mode.

@Idaho4644 Tried that and it took down other buildings but not the ones from my bar... ughhh. Thanks though

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 16 of 43 (1,594 Views)

Random holiday banners after patch

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get together, city living, cats & dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university, outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, vampires, parenthood, jungle adventures, strangerville, perfect patio, coo kitchen, movie hangout, romantic garden, backyard, vintage glamour, bowling night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install the patch and look at the lots, I guess?
What happens when the bug occurs? After this and the patch two times before this, lots are decorated with random holiday garlands that can't be removed (previous patch made them go away, but now they're back again.)
What do you expect to see? No holiday garlands that I didn't put up myself.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed latest game patch.

Two patches ago, holiday banners appeared on residential and community lots. They were not specific to any holidays, and could not be removed in build/buy mode. The previous patch fixed this, but with the most recent patch, they're back again. 

Message 17 of 43 (1,575 Views)

Re: Random holiday banners after patch

Hero
@Amtram Merged your post with current thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 43 (1,545 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried this, on the suggestion of someone over at deaderpool's discord, but it hasn't worked for me. I buy the box, and none of the sims can interact with it at all. *sigh*

Message 19 of 43 (1,511 Views)

★ Guide
@Amtram If you add a custom holiday the next day with no decorations then travel to the stuck lot/neighborhood during this 'no decorations holiday' the game should be forced to remove all the decorations that are stuck/left over.
Message 20 of 43 (1,464 Views)