Re: Automatic decorations on Fences and icicles on roof edges

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [S] NPC Holiday Decorations getting stuck (Patch 1.55)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play past Winterfest, then look for Winterfest decorations staying up in certain areas year round.
What happens when the bug occurs? Before Realm of Magic was released, Winterfest decorations got stuck in only ONE area (that I could find): the part of Willow Creek where the library, gym, etc are. (This was after Patch 1.47.49 was released and installed.) The rest of Willow Creek and other worlds were unaffected. Decorations stayed up for one Sim year. During that "year," Realm of Magic was released and I installed it. The next winter, Winterfest decorations also got stuck at Magic HQ in the Magic Realm. The two areas with stuck decorations are the areas my current Sims visit most frequently, but not exclusively.
What do you expect to see? Decorations should disappear on public lots after the holiday has passed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag 

Message 1 of 43 (6,128 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] NPC Holiday Decorations getting stuck (Patch 1.55)

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

We have not been able to reproduce this issue on our end and do see me toos on this thread,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 39 of 43 (1,914 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] [S] NPC Holiday Decorations won't go away after holiday is over

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I noticed that this post says “fixed”, but for me this is still happening.

Message 2 of 43 (6,001 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [S] NPC Holiday Decorations won't go away after holiday is over

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SqueamishNerd For a new holidays/ new saves? As stated above, already existing ones might need to be removed manually first.

It does still seem to happen for certain neighborhoods though.

New thread is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Holiday-Decorations-getting-stuck-in-certain/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 43 (5,984 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] NPC Holiday Decorations stay after holiday (Patch 1.58)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Four Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Island Living, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just choose any household to see the the roofs and the decorations outside the house. but not all household got this problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I went to some households that I havent played for a while, found that there were some festival decorations and icicles ( Some were flags ) on roof edges. I've tried to removed them but not succeed. I deleted the fences and built again, but the decorations appeared along with the fences (so as the roofs). Not all the household got this problem.
What do you expect to see? I want those decorations disappear and wont go along when I build somethig new.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

78373753_1246716158872338_4295584027533901824_n.jpg78079657_2410177715903058_9159044769769324544_n.jpg78035233_493586947923169_3416243255258382336_n.jpg

Message 4 of 43 (5,954 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Asung010686 Did these newly happen.

There was an issue with these but it's been fixed a while ago
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-NPC-Holiday-Decorations-won-t-go-away-after-holiday-i... ?

I'm not sure how existing saves behave with this though. Try having a holiday with no decorations and travel around the neighborhoods that currently have them and see if that gets rid of them for good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 43 (5,942 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I dont think the problem has been "fixed". This happened 3 days ago to me and I just checked again the decorations still there. I deleted the fences and built some new, but the decorations appeared again. I'll try what you suggested to wait for the next holiday, but it will be over a week later....That is ennoying...DisappointedDisappointed

Message 6 of 43 (5,910 Views)

Hero
@Asung010686 you can just create one for the next day.

Is it happening in all worlds or just certain ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 43 (5,904 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Same here, looks like the issue returned in some form with the pre-Uni patch. I will do further testing when I'm home next week.

Message 8 of 43 (5,888 Views)

Hero
@Asung010686 Actually found another pre-existing open thread although the report was only for certain neighborhoods.

Merged your post now and changed the title.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 43 (5,873 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Asung010686 If you want to take down the decorations you can buy the decoration-box in the decoration category in buy mode, then you go into live mode and click on the box and choose the option of taking down the decorations.

This way you don’t have to have the decorations up all the way until the next holiday. So it’s a temporary workaround.
Message 10 of 43 (5,837 Views)