Re: [OPEN] [S] Joggers freeze to death when they stop jogging

by Ulfric_Grimbrand

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

@SimGuruNick  I sent you a save file in DM.

In my save the NPCs freeze to death no matter what they're doing. They don't put on clothes for cold weather even when there's a snowstorm. It happens mostly when playing the doctor career. The NPCs walking by the hospital freeze to death. I don't get a message about that someone is dying on the lot, even when the dying sims are previously played sims. I've not seen the Grim Reaper come to take them, they just disappear and their tombstones end up in my played sim's household inventory.

I have never used mods or CC.

Message 21 of 34 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This was the closest bug I could find to my current issue in game. 

I have a sim living in a San Myshuno apartment, it's fall, and there was mysterious weather. My sim went jogging on the treadmill inside the apartment, when she got off she was suddenly freezing to death. I turned the heat on, got her in warm clothes, had her drink a hot coffee, and the buff finally cleared when she got into a bath. 

I'm thinking that maybe the roofs of the apartments aren't actually counting as roofs? This just happened yesterday. Game is up to date and I have all of the packs. 

Side note: the weather was only cool, not cold or freezing, so I hadn't bothered turning the temperature on beforehand because I've never had a problem being inside with cool weather. The problem is that the buff wouldn't go away until after I'd had three alerts and she was super about to die.

Message 22 of 34 (891 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Joggers freeze to death when they stop jogging

★ Guide

I've had this at the gym. I heard grimm while my sim was working out and saw a sim who died because he was frozen. All the other sims at the gym went outside and watched what was happening. As a result  more and more sims were dying. MCC saved 6 sims and 6 other sims died.  Stupid sims, why don't they change in their winter clothes before they go outside in the snow. ;P

Message 23 of 34 (856 Views)

★★ Guide

I noticed this recently. Townies come around to your house with sports outfit on while it's freezing and they turn blue. However there's a new interaction (maybe this came with one of my recently purchases packs?) where you can ask "show outfit". So I used that interaction on the townie and had them change into winter clothes. Then they turned back to normal.

Message 24 of 34 (821 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@IrisuChan That interaction isn’t new, it has been there as long as I can remember. Anyway, I often try that interaction when I see sims about to freeze to death or die of heatstroke, but about one third of the times I ask them they don’t change even though they nod when being asked.

Now I’ve turned off temperature effects in all my save files, because it’s too annoying that sims die like flies whenever it’s cold.
Message 25 of 34 (786 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict @SimGuruNick 

It's not difficult to duplicate this at all.  Start a new game in Willow Creek in Winter.  When you see a jogger running by, introduce your Sim to them and just keep them talking.  They'll freeze to death in no time at all.  I just lost Geoffrey Landgraab, and almost Nancy if I hadn't noticed she was also in jogging clothes (as she usually is), and was very blue.  Nice to have MC Command Center to change her outfit and flag her immortal before she died as well.

Message 26 of 34 (706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Additional.  It's also why my main Sim always carries Death Flowers.  But as you'll see in the picture, even after I "save his life", Geoffrey is still in his sports wear and walking away.

Message 27 of 34 (700 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Isen:t it ironical? Sims will not put their cold outfit when outside and when they have it on they will not take them out when inside.Raised eyebrow

Message 28 of 34 (606 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Is this still live? I’m STILL having problems with Sims jogging in winter then lounging about the neighborhood in their workout clothes until the freeze to death. Even if I’ve gone in a made sure their workout clothes are ALL “cold weather” clothes. I lost 15 Sims in one winter. Half if them were sims I personally dressed. Winter hats, winter coats, Snowy Escape snowsuits, socks. I had to make a cemetery and it’s running out of space! 😂

None of my sims overheat jogging in the summer while wearing winter clothes though. I almost never lose sims to heat. 

Message 29 of 34 (496 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@alissaclarem The clothing tags don't work that way, you can put your sims in a bikini for the cold weather outfit and they will still be warm. The cold weather outfit keeps them warm, the hot weather outfit keeps them cool, no matter what clothes you give them.
Message 30 of 34 (466 Views)