Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [S] [GTW] Suspects not recognizable during frost

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The newest I guess
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a detective with the Seasons pack installed and send him out to arrest a suspect during frost.
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims on the community lot will wear cold weather outfits which are not identical with the everyday outfit described in your cell phone list. Also the interaction "Beg to show outfit" (which is from Get Together I think?) doesn't work most of the time. You have to guess who the suspect is.
What do you expect to see? Suspects in their everyday outfits - though this may be a difficult design problem because the suspects could freeze.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons

PS: I haven't arrived in summer yet, but the problem may be the same for hot weather outfits.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (2,309 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [GTW] Suspects not recognizable during frost

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Anyone still having this issue? Could you share a save file with me? You can DM the link to me. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (2,156 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] [S] [GTW] Suspects not recognizable during frost

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sounds like the issue that was there at the beginning with the sports outfits (hence they added the Beg to show outfit at the time)

How does the interaction not work ? Do they not change into their everyday clothing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,239 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yes, the suspect didn't change her clothes (some others did). Perhaps that's a workaround to identify them.

Message 3 of 13 (2,230 Views)

Hero
The interaction was meant as a workaround but if it doesn't work all the time, it's kinda useless.

I will tag this as needs input actually to see if the interaction doesn't work for others as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (2,221 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

"Beg to show outfit" does definitely not work with suspects in winter clothes. They make a friendly, approving gesture but then do nothing.

Message 5 of 13 (2,173 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You can (and should) still get enough clues to be able to identify a suspect regardless of their clothing. Age, hair color, gender, and the most important: a personality trait allow you to identify a suspect wearing different clothing than what is described.

I actually saw it as an extra challenge since it was already so easy to figure out the suspect :P

Message 6 of 13 (2,164 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yes that's true! It's no big issue. But the history of the GTW careers is long and sad and I always get nervous when this EP is again affected.

Message 7 of 13 (2,152 Views)

Seasons Bug with Get to Work Law Enforcement Career

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, City Living, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the Get to Work Law Enforcement career, once you go to search for a suspect with the description given to you on the notepad.
What happens when the bug occurs? The notepad may describe somebody as wearing slacks, however the person would be wearing different clothes depending on the weather because of Seasons, so they wouldn't be wearing slacks, they would be wearing shorts.
What do you expect to see? A person with the given description.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, City Living, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the Get to Work Law Enforcement career, once you go to search for a suspect with the description given to you on the notepad.
What happens when the bug occurs? The notepad may describe somebody as wearing slacks, however the person would be wearing different clothes depending on the weather because of Seasons, so they wouldn't be wearing slacks, they would be wearing shorts.
What do you expect to see? A person with the given description.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 8 of 13 (2,169 Views)

Re: Seasons Bug with Get to Work Law Enforcement Career

★★★ Novice

Also sorry about it being in there twice. Tried to remove it and it keeps having it up there two times.

Message 9 of 13 (2,163 Views)

Re: Seasons Bug with Get to Work Law Enforcement Career

[ Edited ]
Champion

It's very interesting that they do switch into hot and cold weather outfits, because usually suspects have <invalid> set as their clothing style, making them never change clothes.

It was really annoying to me when I'd see them at the gym because they'd swim fully dressed in their everyday outfit or use the sauna or shower fully clothed.

I don't mind that they can change into weather appropriate clothing. Even though they are set as immortal and can't die, it'd be weird to see a suspect wearing a t-shirt and shorts (if those were the clues) walking around in a blizzard in winter.

Even if I see a matching sim, I always ask another person in the area about the suspect to see if they turn around and point at them, just to confirm.

There was that whole long time last year when clues were bugged and didn't match any suspect that taught me not to rely on them and just ask around, which made it more interesting like a hunt.

I mean, at least their trait, age, gender and hair colour clues shouldn't have changed, right? That's four out of six clues that should get you through, even if the two clothing clues don't match.

Message 10 of 13 (2,126 Views)