Re: Get Famous Acting Career Bug - Help??

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, I've checked all of these solutions and none of them has worked for me. Is it possible that my last resort is to reset the game?

Update: I went ahead and reset the game. I plugged back in my backup saves and the issue was still there. I decided to start the game all over again while keeping my backup sims 4 folder until the issue is solved.

Message 11 of 17 (1,138 Views)

Hero

Hi @davyjoonslocker 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Won't have time until Sunday to look at it though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 17 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Novice
Some reasons may be because of cheating the Sim to a high level of the acting career. Maybe you could cheat demote your Sim from the low level and quit then join the same job again.
Message 13 of 17 (1,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @davyjoonslocker 

I looked at your save and was able to fix it the following way (although I don't know if it comes back after a while

1. Click on the phone and get a new gig (the option should be there although you already have one)
  2. Best to choose a different one
  3. Play a while, it will suddenly change from Wed to a Sat Gig (no idea why)
  4. Cancel the gig and get yet another one
  5. That new one should be schedule to Wed and the Sim went fine to the audition and the actual gig.

I'll test a bit longer to see what happens afterwards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 17 (1,012 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I’m sorry that it took so long for me to reply. I tried your suggestion, and it worked. As always, when I first started to play, it was on the same gig that it was stuck on. I changed it to another gig and played it for a while, but the gig changed back to what it previously was. However, I was able to cancel the gig it was stuck on and now I don’t have anymore gigs scheduled.

Thank you for helping!

Message 15 of 17 (956 Views)

Hero

Try changing the agency.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 17 (938 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, everyone!!! Standard smile

We are currently investigating this issue but we struggle a little bit with the reproduction.

It would indeed help us a lot if we could take a look at some save files or videos showing this issue happening.

If you awesome people don't mind sharing your saves and videos with our team, here is how you can send those over to us!

Thanks so much everyone and have an awesome day!

Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 17 (861 Views)