by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GF] Cannot cancel or go to audition

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except star wars, my first pet and toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? if an audition falls on a holiday
What happens when the bug occurs? cannot cancel sim audition via phone or in the career panel
What do you expect to see? sim to go to an audition or cancelling audition
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sim's audition fell on a holiday and she did not go. cannot delete the audition, cannot cancel audition via phone.
have tried quitting career, changing agencies.

this did occur just after installing knitting.

scree

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (3,514 Views)

Re: Cannot cancel or go to audition that fell on holiday

★★★★ Pro
@aimeecaitlin Have you tried to go into the holiday calendar and uncheck the box "workfree day" (or what it is in English) for the audition day? That's how I solve the same problem for Uni lessons.
Message 2 of 17 (3,487 Views)

★★ Novice

unfortunately this wasnt unticked for the holiday and now my sim is stuck with an audition that they dont go to and cannot cancel 

Message 3 of 17 (3,449 Views)

Hero
@aimeecaitlin Do you have a backup from before you could load ?

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (3,446 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict unfortunately not I continued playing with other sims in the household hoping it would fix its self when the wednesday next week rolled around
Message 5 of 17 (3,441 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [GF] Cannot cancel or go to audition that fell on holiday

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone share a save file of where this is occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 17 (3,368 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [GF] Cannot cancel or go to audition that fell on holiday

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I did a little bit of gig things with the freelance career appearently if the time for the gig falls on the holiday its settled the next week at that time.  It was one of the Freelancer jobs though.  I had a job that was due on Thursday, but the holiday fall on that day, even though when I completed it i did get paid, but I was unable to progress with new gigs until next Thursday past the time the gig was do until that time I was considered on vacation because of no work, and the Thursday of the following weak the job will be fulfilled, and the person would say thank you for completing the job so early or something like that.  Make sure you look for holidays that you have choose the days off checkmark and avoid getting gigs around though holiday

Edit: I also forgot to say that was a while ago, this is the same thing with the work from home jobs, they are due when you go to work, but you get paid for each task, but if the job is on holiday or day off it will clear the next work day.  I have been playing work from home recently.

Message 7 of 17 (3,366 Views)

Actor Sim missed audition and now I can't cancel the audition

★ Novice

Joined the acting career and started working my way up. Was outside the home when an audition rolled around and sim didn't go. Now audition is stuck and I cannot cancel. I restarted, cleared cache, cleared fame perks, switched talent agencies, switched careers, switched homes, moved in with another Sim even. Nothing is working. Every time I come back to the acting career that same audition is there. I even went the full Sim week hoping that I'd be able to go to the audition the next week but no dice.

Message 8 of 17 (3,348 Views)

Re: Actor Sim missed audition and now I can't cancel the audition

Hero
@malosh220 I merged your post with existing thread on this.

EA is looking for saves for this one. Could you send yours to Nick as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-GF-Cannot-cancel-or-go-to-audition/m-p/9659191#M...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (3,318 Views)

[GF] Sim in the acting career can't cancel an audition that they failed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim join the acting career and select an audition. Miss the audition (in my case my sim had been invited over to another sims' lot). Be informed that you failed the audition. See the audition still appear in your career panel. Try to cancel the audition. Fail to do so.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim was not able to cancel an audition for the acting career that they had not passed, and is now unable to cancel the audition, even after leaving and rejoining the career.
What do you expect to see? I expect if the sim fails an audition that it will then be removed from the career panel. Also, I expect that if a sim tries to cancel the audition, that the audition would be removed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm reposting this because I accidentally posted it in the wrong place (I deleted my earlier post)

My sim is in the acting career and for whatever reason (maybe because he was at a friend's house?) he didn't leave for his audition, and now the gig he had originally auditioned for is still on his audition tab and he can't apply to new acting gigs.

Here are some things I've done to try to fix the problem:

• Switch to a new talent agency
  • Exit out of the house and then return to the house
  • Quit the acting career and then rejoin
  • Use testingcheats true to select another gig (this one did work for a bit, but upon completion of the gig...)

In every case the end result is that he still has this one audition listed that he hasn't gone to. I didn't see anything about this while looking through the forums so I'm not sure if this is something that people have dealt with or not.

Also - no mods or CC in game and I'm playing this as part of a scenario.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 10 of 17 (2,836 Views)