[FIXED] [S] Freezing to Death in Summer

by lizabethlocke

Original Post

Re: Can't plant most plants - always says too cold even when it is hot

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone's still having this issue could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it? You can DM me the link. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 51 of 68 (6,519 Views)

My Sim keeps on freezing to death in summer

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? ???
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ??
What happens when the bug occurs? It’s just a regular summer day, and my sim is outside gardening. I suddenly get a notification that my sims is freezing. I get her inside and set all of the thermostats to warmer, but she still freezes to death IN the house.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim warm up and stop freezing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Can anybody help me stop this?? I’ve only been playing the sims with the seasons pack for 2 days, and all my sim has done is continuously freeze to death in the middle of summer. I would change her clothing to the cold weather, so she would get warmer, and I changed the temperature on the thermostat to warmer. My sim still ends up freezing to death in the middle of the living room next to a fireplace. Has anyone else had this problem? I also have MC command center if that’s the problem.

Message 52 of 68 (1,364 Views)

Re: My Sim keeps on freezing to death in summer

Hero
@blueruby4484 merged your post with existing thread.

Could you please share your save with QA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-S-Freezing-to-Death-in-Summer/m-p/8759781#M124008

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 68 (1,328 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m very sorry, but I didn’t save my game due to the fact that I wanted to try again, and not have my sim die. I could try and kill her again, if you want me to.

Message 54 of 68 (1,298 Views)

Hero
@blueruby4484 Seems QA hasn't been able to replicate so if you have a save where you can replicate the issue, it would be great but it's up to you of course if you want to try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 68 (1,288 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm have the same issue. It started happening I think a week or 2 ago never had it before. I have MCCC and an aspiration mod/pose player. I tried to DM my save file to the guru as per solution post but it wouldn't allow it, what am I doing wrong? Obviously happy to share any information, am doing the Freelance Botanist aspiration and it is making gardening awkward! Am currently trying to awaken Patchy in the hope he can help tend the garden.

Thanks.

Message 56 of 68 (1,177 Views)

★★★ Novice

It was because I hadn't posted. Ooops! I've sent the file now.

Message 57 of 68 (1,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur?
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the saved game that I will send to
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim is standing in the living room in front of the fireplace on a summer day and freezes to death.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim not freezing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Custom Content Yes, No Mods
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, a Patch was installed and when the game loaded afterwards the bug appeared the first time

Message 58 of 68 (1,072 Views)

★ Novice

I wish I had looked this up last night.  My Sim was living in the Arid Ridge lot of Oasis Springs in the middle of a heat wave of summer (thermometer was showing fire).  I had eight sprinklers running for my gardens.  My sim was a Vampire sim (with most of the perks, so sunlight didn’t bother him).  Every time I sent my sim out to garden, he would get the notice that he was freezing to death.  

I did save my sim from freezing to death by moving off the lot, selling all of my furniture, and starting new somewhere else.  If it happens again, I’ll send you a save file, although I DO have a ton of mods, so I figured it was one of those.

Message 59 of 68 (948 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I feel so stupid because this my first time using these forums but I can not figure out how to DM my save file from my PS4 to get this bug off so my Sims will stop freezing to death

Message 60 of 68 (776 Views)