Re: [OPEN] [S] Freezing to Death in Summer

by Fudge_Unicorn3

Original Post

Re: Freezing to Death in Summer

★★★★★ Novice
I'm going to disable the temperature effects too I think. Maybe if and when it ever gets fixed but despite it being a cool idea its buggy and poorly implemented, definitely not worth a TPK in the sims.
Message 41 of 68 (2,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@unmog

This may be a temporary fix, but a friend of mine did find a mod that restricts non-active Sims from dying of Cold/Hot; there's two flavors of it at this resource; one where it completely removes the possibility of death, and another where it reduces the chance to 90%.

Note: As this is a mod, I recommend you back up your save files before you install it.

Link: <removed mod link as links are not allowed on AHQ. Google LittleMsSam>

You want the folder within the .zip file provided that is called "Weather NPC Deaths." Only install one of the script mods for the setting you want. (90%, or 100%)

- B

Message 42 of 68 (2,630 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to my Sims right now!

Message 43 of 68 (2,493 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I FOUND A FIX!

So this just happened to me too, my sim started freezing to death on a hot spring day, and I couldn't figure out what was going on. But I went into the seasons section of settings and disabled "Temperature Effects on Sims" and clicked "Apply Changes". When my sim was no longer freezing, I re-enabled it and clicked "Apply Changes" again, and even after putting him in his hot weather outfit he was fine. 

Hopefully this helps!

Message 44 of 68 (2,443 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This just happened to me too! Very frustrating. She even has the immune to cold trait!

Message 45 of 68 (2,398 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just had this problem yesterday but weird thing is it only started happening when I put the one seasons household Maxis made (not The Climates) into the game and it's only happening to them. It's summer and there's a heatwave so I changed them into summer clothing then they got the freezing moodlet... luckily when I switch their clothes back they don't have it anymore but it's still weird.

Message 46 of 68 (2,341 Views)

★ Apprentice

Most of my household is periodically almost burning to death in winter.  One has already died, and I had to use the Freeze Ray to keep four others from dying.  (Unfortunately, they did not take kindly to being frozen lol.)  Has there been a fix for this or even an idea of why it's happening?

Message 47 of 68 (2,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This just happened to me. Springtime. I was out in the greenhouse when I got the message that my sim was freezing to death. So I quickly swapped to it and put on the winter clothes. Didn't help. So I ran inside the house, didn't help. Took a shower, nothing, and then a bath directly after, nothing again. Then death.

Location was Windenburg and temperature was cool. Only the father and the toddler lives in the house but the mother was visiting at the time. Managed to salvage the save by disabling temperature effects while in the Manage World view.

Message 48 of 68 (2,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So, yeah, this is still happening, as is the opposite Burning To Death in cool/cold weather, regardless of season.  Thankfully if you have MC Command Center you can cheat sim info and remove those buffs before they kill a sim.  ThIs is happening across multiple saves of varying ages, so it's not isolated to one game file or even, as far as I can tell, affected by how long the save has been active.

For those curious, it's left click the sim>MC Command Center>MC Cheats>Cheat Sim Info>Mood/Buff Control>Remove Buff.  Then you can clear the offending, incorrect temperature moodlet.

Message 49 of 68 (2,045 Views)

Re: Can't plant most plants - always says too cold even when it is hot

★★★ Novice

Same but as soon as I had got the notification I tried to bring them inside but they already had the ''die from heat'' in their que and I couldn't cancel it they stepped outside just to look at snow

Message 50 of 68 (1,884 Views)