Re: Can't plant most plants - always says too cold even when it is hot

by DreamingStarz14

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@jbrewskiii Plug a USB storage device into your PS4.

1. Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Copy to USB Storage Device.
2. Select Sims 4.
3. Place ticks next to the save you wish to copy, and select Copy.

Take your USB to a computer, plug it in, and upload the save to Onedrive or Google Drive. PM the link to the save to the SimGuruNick. You can click on his name here in this post to send a PM Share Your Save Request Post

Message 61 of 68 (1,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So this happens occasionally in my game (it only seems to affect my male sims?). The freezing to death buff randomly shows up, while in warm weather. I downloaded the all cheats mod to help.

For PC Users: Press CTRL+SHIFT+C and type “testingcheats true”

For Console Users: Press all the shoulder button and enter “testingcheats on”

Cheat Code Usage Sims.remove_all_buffs Removes all emotions/moodlets

I couldn't ever find the code for just the freezing moodlet/buff so I just use this.

Message 62 of 68 (997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you guys still need a save file of this? My game is doing the same things. Male Sim gardening and freezing to death even in winter clothing on a hot day. He became a ghost so I’ve shrugged it off and have been prepping Ambrosia to revive him, however even after purchasing the “Iceproof” trait for him and despite him being a ghost I have a constant moodlet and warning saying he’s freezing to death. Now he’s too uncomfortable to keep farming the Ambrosia and I’m becoming frustrated.

How do I copy a save on PC for you guys again?

Message 63 of 68 (938 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Freezing to Death in Summer

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? French
How often does the bug occur? Rarely
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1X30
What expansions, game packs, stuff packs, and kits do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a male Sim spend some time outdoors.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a warning that my male Sim is freezing to death, despite wearing Cold Weather or Athletic clothing. 

What do you expect to see? Cold Weather and Athletic clothing protecting a Sim from freezing to death.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes. Have not tried replicating without mods or CC.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I first noticed it after the latest 1.78 patch.

System Specs (PC)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 12-Core 3.9 MHz

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus

RAM: 32GB 3200MHz DIMM

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO M 2.0TB

PC is up-to-date with the latest versions of the game, drivers, BIOS, and OS. My Mods folder is up-to-date with the latest versions of mods that are compatible with 1.78. I redid my Mods folder specifically for 1.77/1.78. All CC has been batch fixed in Sims4Studio with the latest fixes.

Message 64 of 68 (914 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Sims are still freezing to death in summer with winter clothes I play on the ps5. I didn't save not sure if the point I went back to is still in autosave. But I have another before another sim almost died twice. 

Message 65 of 68 (816 Views)

★★ Novice

I have no clue how to send the data from the ps5. But I noticed that it might be a problem caused by the sprinklers. Both my sims were gardening while the sprinklers were on and they (almost) froze to death shortly after. In summertime with winter clothing.

Message 66 of 68 (793 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had the same issue as well. So far the hotfix update has seemed to fix it. However, every time a expansion pack comes out I have the same issue. I could try to send a save where it happened though if saves are still needed?

Message 67 of 68 (718 Views)

Hero

Sims won't freeze to death in the Summer when interacting with sprinklers. Someone must’ve forgotten to turn the air conditioner off… we’ll be sure to hand out blankets next time!

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

The patch notes seem pretty specific and I'm not sure if that's all there was to this bug so, if you still see it, make a new thread. Try to be as specific as possible when it's happening.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 68 (3,512 Views)