Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Egg Hunt Not resetting

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a holiday with hunt eggs as a tradition and complete it, then play another holiday with the egg hunt tradition on the same lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The problem is after playing one holiday with an egg hunt, it doesn’t work a second time on that lot again. During the second egg hunt holiday when I click on an object the “hunt for eggs” is grayed out and says “you have already looked here” on every object. If I buy new items (plants, chairs etc.) the “hunt for eggs” shows up fine. It seems like the holiday/items don’t reset for the next holiday with that tradition.
What do you expect to see? Being able to have an egg hunt each spring without buying all new objects to “hunt” in on a lot in the same save.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appears with/after installing Seasons EP

This has occurred in both save games that had mods, and in a fresh save with no mods and caches deleted

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 29 (3,518 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4: Unable to search objects for eggs during Spring Celebration

Hero

Egg Hunts are adorable and fun! But not being able to have the furniture reset after
looking for Eggs in them, can be quite the rain on Sims’ parade. But this should no
longer occur.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 29 (1,995 Views)

All Replies

Re: Egg Hunt Not resetting

★★ Guide

Just had a second Easter coming up in my game, so I checked this out and can confirm. 

Message 2 of 29 (3,433 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Egg Hunt Not resetting

Hero
Added for amount of reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 29 (3,361 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone willing to share saves that have this issue (with the Egg Hunt occurring only once a year and not multiple times a year)?

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 29 (3,265 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hello, I have a save with this issue. Have done the "Springfest" holiday with the egg hunt twice now, and got the "You already looked there" message for everything I searched the year before.

Also, this save (all of my saves, actually) has had the bug where people ask the sim on a date between 1-5am. I think someone requested a save for that issue too, but idk if y'all got one.

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-tmKtTsD7V-jC90jQmUl8jzFv57Pe2Gn/view?usp=sharing

Message 5 of 29 (3,234 Views)

EA Sims Team

@PansekshuElle

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 29 (3,201 Views)

Search for Eggs interaction can't be with done on same objects each holiday/year

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a holiday and choose the Egg Hunt tradition to be part of the holiday, and experience this holiday more than once - or perhaps doing two holidays with Egg Hunts will cause it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The second time around with the holiday (+more), the game tells me 'You have already searched here!' on the greyed out Search for Eggs option when clicking an item to search that you had looked in the last time the holiday rolled around.
What do you expect to see? That option to not be greyed out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This potentially could have been by design, but the hiding places didn't really change when I did egg hunts as a kid.

Message 7 of 29 (3,170 Views)

Re: Search for Eggs interaction can't be with done on same objects each holiday/

Hero

Hi @shadedgrey63

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 29 (3,150 Views)

Re: Search for Eggs interaction can't be with done on same objects each holiday/

EA Sims Team

Hello @shadedgrey63

Was the previous Egg Hunt holiday one year prior?  If so, would you be willing to share your save files?

Message 9 of 29 (3,083 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

same problem, it happens with annual Easters.

for now I removed the egg hunt from Easter. I have to test yet if removing the egghunt and adding it back will reset it.

Message 10 of 29 (3,071 Views)