by cosumeu

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [S] [DU] Servos freezing to death

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Servo in your household, and have them stay in cold or freezing weather (requires Seasons pack.)
What happens when the bug occurs? I get notifications that my Servo is freezing to death, even though there's no option to give them winter clothes, and there's no ability to give them the "iceproof" or "heatproof" trait.
What do you expect to see? Servos not dying by overheating or freezing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't found a single solution to his issue in any official and unofficial Sims Wikis and forums. I got the impression that Servos are immune from extreme heat and cold weather. Still happens with or without mods.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 4 (1,308 Views)

Re: [S] [DU] Servos freezing to death

Community Manager (retired)

@lambcaey Could you possibly share a save file with me where you've seen this issue occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 4 (1,226 Views)

Re: [S] [DU] Servos freezing to death

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

I’ve just made my first servo … I took my household to mt. Koriabi (Snowy Escape) to see if ghosts and servos cold ski or snowboard… 

went to bunny slope in a sled (once)

went to the easy slope … before my servo launch downhill I got a notification she’s freezing to death. 

it’s also the first day of winter in my game … I’m going to put my servo in oasis springs to be safe.

I play on PS4… the only way to see my saves is to log into my account. Lol

also… there’s no solution or any information about servo in the winter or winter clothing lol 

I have had this game pack for a while now but this is my first servo … I’m not sure how many simmers make them… they are so cool! 
just don’t want Betsy Bot to die on me simply because winter set in. Lol

hope you get it fixed or find a solution for us soon. 🙂

Message 3 of 4 (974 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] [DU] Servos freezing to death

★★ Guide

Game version 1.90.358.1030 no mods

I have also received the Servo freezing to death notification and the corresponding "Freezing" (99 Uncomfortable) moodlet but the servo didn't die.

I have waited 4 in-game days on Mt. Komorebi with the servo with the "Freezing" moodlet continuously on and they didn't die. A normal sim died in less than a day, maybe 12 hours (not sure).

From this I assume a servo doesn't die, he just gets really uncomfortable from the cold.

I have a save with a servo that triggers the "Freezing to death" notification if needed.

Message 4 of 4 (839 Views)