by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: Bug: "Put away" food interaction

★ Apprentice

Sorry, I wasn't checking my emails lol 

Message 51 of 119 (1,003 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Routing/Sit down issue on several interactions

★★★ Newbie

I've got the same issue...Recently, my sims have been moving oddly. I click to have them do something, and they'll go to somewhere completely out of the way, THEN go to where they're supposed to be. Most times that this happens, they sit down in some random spot before they go to do the action they're supposed to. I don't have any CC and my computer handles the game just fine. I'm not sure what the issue is with this, but I keep hoping that they release a patch that fixes it.

Message 52 of 119 (993 Views)

★★ Guide

@Aramis_LeStrange have you tried repairing the game yet? To do so, right-click on the box art of TS4 in Origin, then click "Repair the Game."

If you're talking about the sitting-to-put-away bug, currently there's only mod for fixing it, no official patches I'm afraid.

The sitting-to-put-away affects a wild range of actions related to putting items away (e.g. put food into fridge, put books back to shelf etc.)

Hope this helps.

Message 53 of 119 (945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I've tried repairing the game before, but the issue still kept happening.

Message 54 of 119 (930 Views)

Hero

There's not much you can do atm. We can just wait for a patch for this or use a mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 119 (921 Views)

★★ Guide

Like Crin says, if it's the sitting-put-away thing we can only wait for a patch.

Hope this helps!

Message 56 of 119 (913 Views)

★★ Guide

Never had this problem, until a week into the spring challenge.

Putting away leftovers, picking up dirty dishes, books.

Some time later I noticed that they started walking across the room/house/lot and back at times,

also walking to another floor and back to talk to someone who was standing relatively close to them.

No mods, No CC, all games as they came out.

Imac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Message 57 of 119 (904 Views)

Hero

This issue was addressed in Patch 1.17.7

Sims should no longer sit down at a pool when asked to put food away in the fridge.
  • Reports have indicated that refrigerators harbor jealousy towards the pools carrying capacity, and water processing capabilities. Sims have been asked to ensure they think about the feelings of all parties involved when deciding where to put away their foods.

Since there's other instances this happens, I'm not going to mark it as solved.

Taking feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 119 (895 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to assure you that we're aware this issue is still occurring after our most recent fix. I wanted to clarify how it's still broken, though, to make sure I'm seeing the same thing that you all are. This should only still be occurring if the Sim is forced to do a long route before they pick up the item they intend to Put Away. If the Sim routes a relatively short distance before picking up the object, whether it be a book, dish, or toy, the issue should no longer occur. 

If you can still get the issue to occur when they route a relatively short distance before picking up their object, any object, please let me know! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 59 of 119 (861 Views)

Hero

I've been seeing the issue in the science career lately (I'm using a mod for the book issue so I'm not 100% certain it's not mod related though).

It's not even when picking up stuff but when interacting with objects/Sims. My scientist walks ALL the way over to the bench towards the entrance and then back. It's not really a far distance they had to walk.

Also seen it in retail when ringing up customers. I can't recall what my Sims were doing at the time when I switched to ringing up. But they walked all the way out the door to sit down and then go back in and then do the ring up interaction.

Have not seen it on cleaning up dishes though.

I think I'll remove the mod and see how that goes + pay more attention to what they are doing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 119 (1,045 Views)