Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Routing/Sit down issue on several interactions

by misterambition

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I don't have problems with cleaning dishes away but I have the sitting problem every time (100%) with cleaning up books or when the sim stops reading a book. They get up from their seat to lay down the book on an available surface and sits down to the nearest available seat after it. Then, when you make the sim to "put away" the book, the sim gets up from the seat and sits back down before taking the book from the surface and takes it to the bookshelf.

My "workaround" is simple - I manually put the books back with my mouse (just grab the book and move it over the bookcase so that it gets highlighted and let go). Same works with leftovers and empty dishes.. either put them in fridge or garbage bin. Less grief and wasted sim time. However, the sim still sits down every time when she/he lays down a book.

Message 91 of 119 (921 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Experiencing this with put away books only.

Message 92 of 119 (903 Views)

Hero
Could you guys share your saves with QA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 119 (873 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Come to think about it I haven't seen a Sim put a book away in a long time. Only at the library where that's basically all the librarian is programmed to do. They either end up on the floor, on the dining room or coffee tables.

How does one share console save data. All I got is PS4 saves
Message 94 of 119 (870 Views)

Hero
@Bearpal64 You'll find instructions for PS4 here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 119 (867 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Thanks! Do I share the link for my video/pic in this thread then?
Message 96 of 119 (854 Views)

Hero
@Bearpal64 You can post them here if you want others to see it or if you rather keep it private, you can PM one of the QA folks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 97 of 119 (848 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
https://twitter.com/gummybearcubPS4/status/1187112717397610496?s=09

Latest video
Got Realm of Magic with newest update patch on console (PS4)

Sim cancels reading when I told him to do something with cauldron. Instead of putting the book on the floor or actually in the bookcase he walks past the bookcase and goes into another round room to put the book down on the dining room table and then sits down before going to do what I told him to do. I then prove that he can access the bookcase by telling him to put the book away.
Message 98 of 119 (766 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Four years after it was first reported, I'm here adding my voice to the chorus of those who encounter this issue without fail in each and every play session. How is it this hasn't been resolved?

Message 99 of 119 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this (without mods/custom content) since the Nov 12 PC/Mac patch?

If so, can you share a video of what you're seeing, and/or save files?

Instructions on how to send files are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 100 of 119 (666 Views)