Re: Bug: "Put away" food interaction

by Skyler1802

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Routing/Sit down issue on several interactions

Community Manager (retired)

Hmm, I'm not seeing this in my own game when children place table mats and unfortunately didn't catch all of the livestream. Have you seen this in your own game? Can you specify what interactions you're seeing it occur with, or which specific objects? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 81 of 119 (1,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@SimGuruNick

Sure can.

1) - Start watching from 30:00 min. when the child is ordered to set up the table. The child will hop on the Bar Chair first before setting up the table.

And 2) - whatch from 47:30 min. when the teanager gets ordered to set-up the table. You will see that the Teanager will sit down at the table first and then continue to set-up the table. And yes, I saw that in my game as well.

And here is the Vid for a faster location.

The Sims 4 PARENTHOOD GAMEPLAY LIVESTREAM Broadcast Game Pack

Message 82 of 119 (1,331 Views)

Changed the first post to fit the Bug report format.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 83 of 119 (1,268 Views)

Sims wonder around before doing assigned task

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, and free stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Assign a sim to do something, like read a book, watch tv or work out.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim wonders into another room, without the object they are supposed to interact with, pauses, just stands there or sits on a chair or bed, and then goes to do the assigned task.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to go directly to the assigned task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had this problem before installing Seasons or Cats and Dogs. It stopped for a while but recently started again. It may happen more often with more sims on the lot or in the household. However, it does not seem to be related to other sims getting in the way. For example, if I tell a sim to read a book they might walk into a room that doesn't have a bookshelf, sit down in a chair and then get up and go to the bookshelf in another room and get a book. No other sims had interactions with the bookshelf or were blocking access to the bookshelf. 

Message 84 of 119 (1,146 Views)

Re: Sims wonder around before doing assigned task

Hero

Hi @Hannahart 

merged your post with existing thread on this.

This is a very old issue and unfortunately still isn't fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 119 (1,125 Views)

Re: Sims wonder around before doing assigned task

EA Sims Team

Sul sul!

We're still having trouble reproducing this issue, could anybody who still experiences this share a save file with us?
Here is how you do that! Standard smile

Thanks so much for the help!

Happy Simming, everyone! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 86 of 119 (999 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Re -Routing and Sitting

My Sims choose to sit down when the do almost any action (except watching the TV *shakes angry fist) so if a Sim is going to chat to someone who is also sitting down they will sit down in a chair... Near the Sim and have a conversation.

Read book > sit in chair closest to the bookshelves > get up and read book somewhere else usually a dining table.

On 3 separate occasions when I directed a Sim to drink a Serum they made that Sim left the room they were in to go and sit down at the same computer desk in a room 2 rooms away. Why that chair at that desk, why not standing where she was??

Eating... Never the same place. Sometimes standing where they are, sometimes sitting at a table or at the counter and sometimes... In front of the bathroom mirror in the bathroom. Why? I do not know.

Message 87 of 119 (965 Views)

Hero
@Bearpal64 Could you share your save with QA as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 88 of 119 (960 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes! Next time I have it happen ill try to capture it via PS4 video or try to share the save file... Which I think I get but might take some time. Yay helping.
Message 89 of 119 (955 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not sure anyone’s mentioned this particular issue, there’s a lot of pages here. The weird thing I’ve noticed is if I tell a sim to watch tv while they’re eating food, they’ll walk towards the sofa/couch, kneel down next to it, then get up straight away to then sit and eat as instructed. Very weird looking. I don’t see sims kneeling that way unless they’re teaching a toddler. 

Message 90 of 119 (932 Views)