Re: Bug: "Put away" food interaction

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Put away a plate > sits down, stands up, goes to fridge. Sims puts food o

★★★★★ Novice

I do have rounded cabinets next to the fridge, maybe your solution will work, I will try it and see.

Message 21 of 119 (1,521 Views)

Re: When putting books back on the bookshelf my sim always sits first

★★★★ Novice

Both these bugs about having to sit before picking up dirty dishes and putting away books have been happening in my games for many months.  And I only had the repairman mod installed but removed it months ago, after having to deal with a new patch every month. So, repair game ( for several different things) over many months and many different times doesn't fix this problem. I can't remember which patch caused these problems in my game but it was months ago.  And even starting a brand new game completely patched up hasn't removed this annoyance.

Message 22 of 119 (1,600 Views)

Re: When putting books back on the bookshelf my sim always sits first

★★ Guide

I agree it's insane! I watched a Sim clear plates from a table in their garden, she picked up the plates then changed into her swimming outfit and sat down on the edge of the pool. It was only for a moment but long enough for other family members to change into swimwear and sit down next to her. And then she stood up, changed back into her everyday clothes and went inside to load the dishwasher!

Message 23 of 119 (1,532 Views)

Putting away food causes sims to path to nearest seat

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Edit: I did a silly and not check the compiled list before making this thread, there is one here if Crin could merge. Standard smile

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Put-away-a-plate-gt-sits-down-stands-up-goes-to-frid...

When sims are told to put away food, they tend to pick up the food and find the nearest seat, which could (for example) be on the opposite side of the house to the fridge. Once they have sat down, they will then proceed to the fridge to put the food away. Has been happening with both 4th December patch and Get Together.

So the sim would grab the food from the counter at the red circle, then move along the red line to have a little rest at the blue circle, before proceeding along the blue line to the fridge.. Seems a lot of wasted energy there.

P.S. The trash plants are a result of cancelled queues, not negligence on my behalf. :P

No mods and CC as always. Standard smile

Message 24 of 119 (1,484 Views)

Cleaning dirty dishes

★★★ Novice

When I instruct any Sims to clean the dishes:

1. Sims will pick up the dirty dishes (sometimes one plate at the time sometimes all of them), sit down at a Dining Room chair or the sofa or sit in the tub. Then he/she will get up and go wash the dishes.

The "sitting at the Dining Room chair and sofa" has been going on since almost the beginning of Sims 4 (over one year.) and the bathtub since I purchased Get Together. It is annoying to say the least, especially if the Living Room or Dinning Room is at the opposite of the house or someone left a dirty dish on the second floor. It takes forever.

2. Sims will go up the second level to clean the dishes when the Kitchen sink is working properly. 

When I get annoyed, I will drag the dirty dishes to the sink/garbage can. But I would really  like to see this bug fixed. It just makes the game play more realistic.

Message 25 of 119 (1,471 Views)

Re: Cleaning dirty dishes

Hero

@hardwork123456 

merged your report with existing thread

Your other issue has a thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Routing-issue-when-preparing-food-Counters-priority/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 119 (1,514 Views)

Re: Cleaning dirty dishes

★★ Guide

I've noticed that the "sit down before putting item away" occurs when directing a Sim to put away books as well.

I'm on Mac OS X (Yosemite), all expansions and packs, no mods or CC.

Message 27 of 119 (1,497 Views)

Bug: "Put away" food interaction

★★★ Newbie
It seems as if every time i ask my sim to put away a serving of food they have to sit down at a chair in the dining room then stand up and put it away. Not sure if this has been reported already but i thought i should add it!
Message 28 of 119 (1,492 Views)

Hero

Hi @cgiatrakis 

it has been reported so I merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 119 (1,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This problem has now a mod fix

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 119 (1,513 Views)