Re: Traits not reflecting changes

by lookingforbex

Original Post

Dance Machine Trait Removed but still bored.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs except Vampires, Moschino, and Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim with dance machine trait. Re-Trait potion to remove Dance Machine Trait. Every now and then, your Sim will be bored from a lack of dancing from Dance Machine Trait, even though you removed it when re-traiting.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will have bored emotion which hurts if you are an actor because you cannot dance while on set to remove bored emotion.
What do you expect to see? I expect to never be bored due to dance machine trait if I use re-trait potion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I create a sim with Dance Machine Trait. I go and earn the reward points to buy a retrait potion. I drink it and change my traits and remove Dance machine as a Trait. I will still get a bored emotion once a week from a lack of dancing. 

Message 51 of 86 (1,974 Views)

Re: Dance Machine Trait Removed but still bored.

Hero
@chinoloco93 Merged with existing save.

Could you provide your save to QA as asked in the solution post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 86 (1,963 Views)

Message 53 of 86 (1,900 Views)

Hero
@chinoloco93 Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 86 (1,875 Views)

Re: Sims are being traumatized by stuck moodlets PLEASE

★★★ Newbie

hey. My sims who are children still have the moods of a toddler. Like "where is everyone" "tired" and "needs amusement". The traits I don't have a problem with and I have tried to reset the sims multiple times. My teenager doesn't have problems.

Message 55 of 86 (1,843 Views)

Re: Glitched Traits

★★ Apprentice

This is the same for me, I changed from Materialistic with the potion but she still gets buffs as if she's materialistic. 

Message 56 of 86 (1,770 Views)

Re: Traits not reflecting changes

★★★ Novice

This happened to me too! I changed my Sim’s trait from Ambitious to Maker but she’s still getting moodlets for being Tense from not being promoted due to being Ambitious. So frustrating!

Message 57 of 86 (1,887 Views)

Sim Without Creative Trait Gets Creative-Related Moodlets

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure if this is the only way, but this is how it happened for me: I made a sim in the tutorial and gave her the tutorial-exclusive Painter aspiration. This aspiration comes with the creative trait. Because I wanted to change her traits, and thought that the easiest way was to just start over with her, I saved her to my library and went into CAS anew and added her to the household. I changed her traits, which can be done without cheats if you take a sim from the library.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim gets moodlets from the creative trait, even though her traits were changed.
What do you expect to see? That she only get moodlets for the traits she actually has.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

What I've tried to fix this bug is to remove the non-existent creative trait with cheats, but she still gets the creative trait moodlets. I've also tried to add the creative trait and removed it again, with cheats, but she still gets the creative trait moodlets. Is the creative trait from the tutorial perhaps a different trait than the creative trait we can choose in CAS normally?

Her traits, as seen in the personality tab and in CAS are: Mean, evil, kleptomaniac and dastardly

NotCreative2.png

One of the creative trait moodlets she sometimes gets: "Feeling Uncreative (from the trait "Creative")"

NotCreative1.png

Message 58 of 86 (1,557 Views)

Re: Sim Without Creative Trait Gets Creative-Related Moodlets

Hero
@SqueamishNerd I merged this with the non-cheaty thread on this.

QA is looking for saves: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Removed-traits-still-cause-moodlets-no-cheats-used...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 86 (1,546 Views)

Re: Sim Without Creative Trait Gets Creative-Related Moodlets

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict  Maybe I was unclear, so I just want to make myself absolutely clear. The bug started without using cheats, I tried to fix it with cheats after it appeared, so the bug itself isn't cheat-related, only my attempted fix was with cheats.

Message 60 of 86 (1,507 Views)