Re: Sims are being traumatized by stuck moodlets PLEASE

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@acissej324 Does this happen on every save game you play or a particular one only ? If it's just a particular save, is it all households in that save or just a particular one ?

Would you mind sending me your save ? Just upload to google or one drive and PM me the link.

Lovelorn has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Lovelorn-Moodlet-without-romantic-trait/td-p/799...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 86 (3,122 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict thank you! I appreciate it. I sent it in
Message 42 of 86 (3,084 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I had to check...isolated to one save file, and the map is sparse, so I don't have many families. I know of one other household with the same problem, but it's mostly the one family.
Message 43 of 86 (3,078 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@acissej324 I'll check it out in the morning.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 86 (3,142 Views)

Hero
@acissej324 Did a quick test of your save and this is what I saw (hoping I tested the correct family)

- Toddler has issue with the charmer trait moodlet. Problem is, you switch to another one hence the interactions don't work and make it get stuck. Switching the Toddler back to Charmer and then have him interact made the moodlet disappear for me. Not sure if it will last or what would happen if you now change it. There have been reports of the traits still being active after removing but that's a topic for another thread
- I don't see any stuck fire moodlets
- The Sim in your game is pregnant, so why shouldn't she have the pregnant moodlet. Do you mean it doesn't go away after she gave birth ?
- Lovelorn is a known issue as stated above.
- The high school tense moodlet went away after the 4 hours were over.

Bit at loss, tbh.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 86 (3,108 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I followed your process with the toddler, nothing changed.
The pregnant moodlet for the third trimester stuck after I had the baby. I sent you the file as it was right as the issues began.
The fire buff was "Tense" from getting lit on fire.
I AM surprised the high school moodlet went away, I had to reset the whole family.

I appreciate that you looked. I wonder if my game is corrupt.
Message 46 of 86 (3,083 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This was weird but I think I figured it out.

@crinrict reapplying the trait DOES work. I seem to have several issues at once, but the sad buff was fixed.

However, and this is interesting, I noticed that now I have stuck buffs from the INDEPENDENT trait that I used to replace the Charming trait initially.  I no longer have the trait, so I know that's a leftover buff.  So the bug persists, but now I am free from the negative consequences...for now.

For anyone else who needs this help: by applying the Charming trait to my toddler, they were assaulted by a never ending moodlet. I replaced the trait in CAS, and with cheats, but the moodlet remained. 

I reinstalled (you might not need to) and I reapplied the Charming trait to the toddler, and THEN I interacted with family members. The moodlet finally went away.  As for the adult sims I had with this problem, I cheated the trait back in using traits._apply_trait and interacted with family and friends, triggering the social need. This IS solving it for me.

I think this means you need to reapply the trait that is related to the issue, if you have removed it, and then address the sims needs directly. 

I don't know if this will keep happening or not, but this works. 

The other issues are for another thread, I think. Thank you again, @crinrict 

Message 47 of 86 (3,062 Views)

Hero
@acissej324 The removed traits, still buff has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Removed-traits-still-cause-moodlets-no-cheats-us...

Did the sim have the moodlets at the time you changed traits ?

As for the rest, I'll play through the pregnancy then to see if that gets stuck as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 86 (3,033 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict thank you! yes, the sims had those active moodlets at the time I changed the traits, they also had no timers on them, so they were static

my 'pregnant' sim had another kid and the pregnancy buff finally left. Something must have gone wrong at the first hospital event. Thank you for looking at it.
Message 49 of 86 (3,005 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Removed traits still cause moodlets (no cheats used)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone is still seeing this issue we'd really appreciate if you could share a save file where you've seen it occurring. Feel free to DM me a link to the save, thanks so much for your help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 50 of 86 (12,023 Views)