Re: Sims receive buff from old trait

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Hero
@Raynn0124 Which way did you use to change traits ? Cheats ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 86 (10,634 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict I changed the traits in CAS after loading a sim from the library.  I did not use cheats in CAS - the traits were freely editable at that point (before placing the sim in the world).  I did use freerealestate because my test sims were broke and homeless.  After the bug showed up, I used sims.give_satisfaction_points to test the retraiting potion to fix it.

Message 32 of 86 (10,625 Views)

★ Guide

As far as I know, it is not possible by simply removing and adding traits via CAS. If you only remove the trait via CAS, it still causes the moodlet. If you cheat with the command "traits.remove_trait [trait]" and "traits.equip_trait [trait]", the trait will be fully removed. You equip the removed trait via cheat and then remove it again via cheat.

For me, this worked several times because I do this regularly to test out traits.

Message 33 of 86 (10,587 Views)

Sims are being traumatized by stuck moodlets PLEASE

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every pack except Moschino, magic stuff, and tiny living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler with either the Independent Trait, or the Charmer Trait. Wait for them to get sad. (this is not restricted to toddlers, and this is not restricted to this moodlet.)
What happens when the bug occurs? Several moodlets do not go away regardless of the state of the Sim.
What do you expect to see? I expect moodlets to disappear when I satisfy the sims needs. I expect the measures I take to remove it to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I reinstalled Windows, Origin, and Sims 4 in a brand new, fresh clean install with NO MODS or any third party content whatsoever. The game was working properly for a period of two days. Now MANY sims, Adults and toddlers, are stuck in unhappy moods because of these moodlets.

Several moodlets do not go away regardless of the state of the Sim and it's breaking the game.

Many people know about the hanging Lovelorn trait, when a Sim without the romantic trait becomes Lovelorn despite EVERY effort. This is that, but more so. I'm having issues with school moodlets, the pregnancy moodlet, and the fire moodlet.

The toddlers in my game are all sad. Several adults are sad.  They are all afflicted by the "Where is Everyone?" social moodlet. There is NO timer for this moodlet. It shows up REGARDLESS of the social needs of the child at any time. It WILL NOT GO AWAY regardless of any cheats, mods, cache clearing, removal of all CC content, fresh reinstalling, even changing the traits of the Sims in CAS, removing the traits in CAS, removing the traits with cheats....nothing.

Toddlers are taken away for being unhappy too long. Teens are Tense for 24 hours and refuse to eat or sleep. This is a game breaker. I have seen reports about this issue from 2016, and this is still NOT solved.

Now MANY sims, Adults and toddlers, are stuck in unhappy moods because of these moodlets. I have to keep spamming "make happy" cheats so the "feels good" moodlets will override the sad.

I have cleanly reinstalled, down to my operating system. This installation has been running on absolutely no mods.  I am well within the hardware requirements for this game, I have owned this computer and the account for years. I'm going to pull my hair out.

Message 34 of 86 (10,878 Views)

Re: Sims are being traumatized by stuck moodlets PLEASE

★★ Apprentice

Try the resetsim cheat and see if that resolves it

Testingcheats on

Resetsim *

Hope it works. Enjoy

Message 35 of 86 (10,854 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@nickienok thank you thats a great suggestion, gave it a hearty four attempts but no dice
Message 36 of 86 (10,851 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Have you tried clearing your game cache? That may solve it?

Message 37 of 86 (10,843 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@nickienok yes, thanks i did do that earlier, but my cache folder was empty already, i cleared the rest, but no.
Message 38 of 86 (10,819 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Booooo. How about using rewards to buy the moodlet resolver, just to see if that works to reset it? I know you'll have to buy one for each sim if it works but it may just do the trick to clear their moods? 

Message 39 of 86 (10,813 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@nickienok now THAT's a great suggestion, thanks again, but I went in and gave it a shot, and wouldn't you know it-- after the potion wears off, the moodlets reappear. I mean...WOW.
Message 40 of 86 (10,784 Views)