Re: Sims receive buff from old trait

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: My sim has moodlets from trait he doesnt have

Hero
@hiimdee This is a known bug.

Only thing you can do is try add the trait the Sim had back via cheat and then remove it again via cheat.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 86 (2,867 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you!

Message 22 of 86 (2,848 Views)

Hero

As the vampire issue got fixed I would be super glad if someone could test this if it's also fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 86 (2,798 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul @hiimdee!!!

If you still see this happening in your game, it would be super awesome if you could share your save file with us so we can take a closer look.
Here is how you can send it over to our team.

Thanks and Happy Simming! Party hat
Dag dag! Wizard

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 86 (2,766 Views)

Sims receive buff from old trait

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get To Work, Strangerville, Vampires, Dine Out,Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with traits that give moodlets like creative (tense from feeling uncreative). I would imagine this could also happen with other traits such as romantic, geek, etc. but creative is the one I've seen personally. Save that sim to your library. Make a new sim using the old one as a base. Play with the new sim avoiding the respective trait from the old sim (creative) and eventually they will get the buff relating to the trait they no longer have.
What happens when the bug occurs? They get affected by a trait they dont have.
What do you expect to see? Not being affected by non-existent traits? lol
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 4.59.50 PM.png

In the screenshot you can see she has the uncreative buff but she doesnt have the train anymore in her simology.

I play with mods but I believe I first saw this bug before using mods and have tested that it still happens with mods disabled. 

My last thought on it, it the original sim might have to be played with before to have this bug appear? I would imagine if you create a sim and then directly make another from it this may not happen. The base sim was originally generated by the game that got married into a household in a previous save, then later saved to my library and edited to make new sims. This has happened with 3 different sims I've made using that original one as a base. 

Message 25 of 86 (2,721 Views)

Hero
@thegreatnaj Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Could you please share your save game with QA as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 86 (2,690 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I changed a previously made Sim into a Teen from Young Adult; they used to have the Materialistic trait at one point, but through changes I made, they lost it even before they lost their third trait from being made into a teen.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim gets a Tense mood indicator, saying they haven't admired something expensive they've bought lately, despite not having the Materialistic trait.
What do you expect to see? I expect to not be seeing my sim become Tense due to a trait they do not have.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, cosmetic-only mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It may have appeared with the latest update, or after I installed the Get Together content.

Message 27 of 86 (2,651 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've had this bug for a while in my main game, so I made a quick test in a fresh game..

Game Version: 1.60.54.1020 (PC/English)

Expansion/game/stuff packs: Seasons, Discover University, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff

No mods/CC

I went with Romantic, Active, and Hot-Headed, as they seemed to produce negative moodlets fairly often.

My first test (copying a sim before I played her), didn't produce results. I played the original and the copy for about a sim-day - she got angry and tense half a dozen times; he (I changed the gender so I could tell them apart) had no problems.  Then I cloned the day-old family, changed her traits too, and moved them into a different lot (I did use freerealestate because they were broke).  I played them for a couple of sim-days, and she got tense from Active (which she no longer has).

Tense.png

Save file is at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nDQ6ui-NBX_i_t3hyXhpu4UKVBdNK7yp - the original family is in Brightchester; the "shouldn't get tense" ones are in Willow Creek (I forgot I should've changed their names).

Message 28 of 86 (2,597 Views)

Hero
@Raynn0124 Is it just the tense moodlet that you have issue with ?

That currently has it's own issues and has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-quot-Not-Enough-Exercise-quot-for-Sims-without/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 86 (2,581 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict That thread seems to be mostly triggered by the soccer ball though.  My sim has never used a soccer ball (or done a push-up).  I hadn't been playing the test one very long, so the Active tense moodlet was the only one I'd seen so far, but in my main save, it was a formerly non-committal sim who got tense from her job (I edited her when she got married).  It doesn't seem to be triggered by any specific action for me - it's come up while she's at work a couple of times, as well as just hanging around at home (drinking water, watching TV).

I added a new sim to the test - gave him Non-Commital, Romantic, and Angry.  Played him a few days, then saved him, deleted the original, loaded him from the library into a new household in CAS, changed his traits, and moved him back into the house.  The next day...

Tense2.png

The other sim (and this one, in one day so far) hasn't gotten tense from the former Romantic trait - but Active and Non-Committal both definitely still stick around after being changed.  I'm not using cheats or anything - just tweaking library sims in CAS before putting them in the world.  It only happens with sims that have been previously played, before being saved to the library.

I eventually used a cheat to give him enough satisfaction points for retraiting potions - he had to take two, one to add the trait, then another to remove it (properly).  He's gone about a week without being tense (from Non-Commital anyway).  So I guess this is a low-priority issue now.

Message 30 of 86 (2,560 Views)