Re: Glitched Traits

by KamiyamaSatoru

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Removed traits still cause moodlets (no cheats used)

★ Guide

I've dowloaded a sim from the gallery and changed the traits. He was active and materialistic. I change them in CAS to bookworm and family oriented. In game I got the tense debuffs from materialistic and active traits so I bought the potion but the moodlets keep showing up.. Frown

Message 11 of 86 (2,996 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Removed traits still cause moodlets (no cheats used)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same issue I gotten deadend emotions but needed to be in an emotional state to do something so I made the drink that resets your vampire abilities and afterwards it still says I have deadend emotions even though I never bout it back . I have tried resetting my console (xbox one) and saving exiting and re opening the game. Plz help  I cant do any more aspirations becaus they all need me to be inspirational or focused but deadend emotions wont go away (the game says I dont have the ability but in the emotion bar thingy under my sims face it still says I have it)

Message 12 of 86 (2,950 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m not sure if there is a certain format to use here, but I’d like to add to this frustration.

I do not have CC, never have. 

I don’t know how long it’s been happening, because I didn’t realize you could do it for quite a while after I started playing (about a year and a half ago). I’ve had Cats and Dogs, Get to work, and City Living for almost the whole time, so when that’s all that I had for extra content it was already doing it. 

Now I’ve added Get together and Strangerville and a few stuff packs

I use CAS to change traits, and it seems to work on some, but not all of them. The ones that stay as moodlets the most often for me are, noncommittal, kleptomaniac, and hot headed.

The weirdest part of it is that if I click on a friend of the person, and see what they know about the problem sim, they will know the new traits that I’ve assigned to them. But if I click on the problem sim’s bio it will still list the old ones that I tried to replace.

Message 13 of 86 (2,914 Views)

Hero

CAS has always caused this issue 

Here's a workaround that should work: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSUPPORTED-Changed-Trait-Wrong-Emotion/m-p/4553759#M25810

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 86 (2,904 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you, I'll check that out!
Message 15 of 86 (2,881 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've been stressing about this for hours! Thank you! Hope it works!
Message 16 of 86 (2,866 Views)

Retrait Potion

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the retrait potion purchased with perk points
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims receive uncomfortable moodlets from a removed trait
What do you expect to see? Sims receive uncomfortable moodlets from a removed trait
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a sim that I originally made with the kleptomaniac trait, I used the potion to remove the trait and changed it to something else. My sim still gets uncomfortable moodlets from not having swiped something in awhile. 

Message 17 of 86 (2,831 Views)

Re: Retrait Potion

Hero

Hi @corenren 

could you please update your game to today's patch and try again if you still see this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 86 (2,816 Views)

My sim has moodlets from trait he doesnt have

★ Novice

I got a sim off the gallery because i liked the way he looked, but i did not like the traits he had. I changed them. But now he keeps getting tense from not being creative. I've tried the remove all buffs cheat and the remove trait cheat and it doesn't work. Can anyone give me a solution to this because it's really frustrating? Frown

Message 19 of 86 (2,805 Views)

Re: My sim has moodlets from trait he doesnt have

@hiimdee  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 86 (2,792 Views)