by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Read to Child starts with negative amount

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Deluxe Get To Work Get Together Outdoor Retreat Spa Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a toddler. Switch aspirations to Succesful Lineage?
What happens when the bug occurs? The aspiration "read to child for 2 hours" starts with a negative amount.
What do you expect to see? Aspiration starts with 0 hours completed instead of a negative amount
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My SIMparent is going for the Succesful lineage aspiration, but the Read to Child for 2 hours starts out as a negative number. 

As I'm going for Aphabet lineage achievement, I'm unsure whether this happened before to my Sims. Not sure what caused this. 

I don't have any of the newer additions to the game, this is the first time I've noticed a negative amount occurring in this aspiration. 

Please view attached screenshot

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 4 of 14 (1,550 Views)

Adult sim, negatieve hours reading to child

★★ Novice
Hi!

Bit of a weird one here. Make vampire had a kid, currently on the "Sucessful Lineage" aspiration and the count on hours reading to a child is..... -23!

His wife was normal (0), and reading to the child is making the hours go up, but how HOW did he start on -23?
Message 1 of 14 (1,941 Views)

Re: Adult sim, negatieve hours reading to child

Hero

Hi @relrakker

I've merged your post with the aspirations bug reports.

I'll add this to the first post when I'm updating it

Did you switch to the aspiration later on or did your Sim have it from the beginning ? Did you read to the child before you got the milestone ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,919 Views)

Re: Adult sim, negatieve hours reading to child

EA Live QV Team

@relrakker  Would you be happy to provide your save so we can investigate further? If so please use the instructions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/60653...

Message 3 of 14 (1,904 Views)

Re: Read to Child starts with negative amount

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi  @Argh_Not_My_Face

we had reports of this before. Currently can't seem to find the thread.

I'll do some mering when I do. Thanks for the report.

Seems it was in the collection thread. Moved those posts over and will add this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (1,530 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Argh_Not_My_Face

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much! =)         

Message 6 of 14 (1,502 Views)

Hero
added but tagging @Argh_Not_My_Face for saves again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (1,469 Views)

★ Apprentice

Um, yeah I wouldn't mind but how can I tell which save game I need to send? I checked out the folder in the "how to" post you linked to but there's several files there.

Message 8 of 14 (1,452 Views)

Hero
At the very end of this thread, you'll find instructions which file you need: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445107#M69064

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (1,447 Views)

Family aspiration read to a child needing more than 2 hours

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4, this has been a problem since before I added the camping expansion.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My parents require more than 2 hours of reading to children. They are negative anywhere from 2 to 40 hours so I would need to read a total of 42 hours to be able to complete that aspiration
What happens when the bug occurs? If I’m able to read 4 hours than I will complete it to get to the next level but 42 is outrageous
What do you expect to see? I login it shows 0/2, I press play and resets to -40/2
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My parents require more than 2 hours of reading to children. They are negative anywhere from 2 to 40 hours so I would need to read a total of 42 hours to be able to complete that aspiration. I was hoping an update would fix this problem but there has been several updates and in some houses I’m still not able to complete this aspiration. The family aspiration is pretty useful to have before parents and child

Message 10 of 14 (1,416 Views)