[FIXED] Random Sim in apartment/house /Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.133)

by Maysbat

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Random sims in my apartment or house/ Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.1

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too. I first noticed it when I had my current family go on vacation to one of the rental lots on Mt. Komorebi. Random sims just started to walk into the rental home and sleep in the beds, grab food from the fridge, and chat with my sims. They left after a little while on their own but there was no option to send them home as they weren't invited guests. After the vacation ended and my family went home, I now have random sims walking in their front door and using their easel/sleeping in their beds. My sims have never met the ones entering their home and no option to send them home appears. They're not paparazzi or fans, they're just totally random townies - some of whom are celebrities themselves. 

I've just been forcing them to leave with MCCC, but I'll try locking the front door for everyone but the household.

Message 141 of 213 (1,577 Views)

Guests not going home - a bug and a story

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did a search and it happened before and there was such a chaos that it didn't dawn on me that I could travel with them to a different place and leave them there. But the story is worth sharing.

My current sim Corinna just moved out from home, to a house which isn't fully finished, with her husband, a baby and a butler. Christmas came and she wanted to cook. In the midst of her meal the butler ocfcupied the stove and stayed there for an hour as cooking is his hobby. Only thing I could think of was sending him to sleep. So the meal was done, invited some family and couldn't sing. Turned out it was one day too early.

So I thought well, next day I'll start the holiday way earlier and make sure that the butler is busy. Everything worked out fine. Invited 6 guests via cell phone to hang out with me. My two mothers, half-sister, two cousins, teenage friend. Everyone was eating,  we sang Christmas songs, unpacked gifts, Santa came. Corinna got very tired, and so did her husband. Time to send them home. But there was no option. Corinna and husband went to sleep. Family made party in the house, some also cleaned up, went swimming or cared for the baby. Next day. Guests won't leave. Still no option. Husband went to work.

There was still one additional bed I hadn't cleared up, and they took turns sleeping in there. There was no way for me to throw them out. Finally I tried locking them out, but alone I had no chance. The baby turned into a toddler in the midst of all this chaos and she had no bed to sleep in. I locked three of the four doors and built a wall to close the opening that was still left from construction work. Husband came home from work, so it was the next evening. I sent him upstairs to wake up the person in the bed, did some barbecue and placed it in front of the door in the garden. Called them all to eat. They came running, I bet they were starving and extremely tired. As soon as they were all in the garden I locked the front door for everyone except for family. I forgot the butler who stood outside waving his arms. The four remaining family members were throwing tantrums in front of the door. It was as if they thought they lived there and had a right to be nurtured and have a bed. My mother stayed for the longest time. The next morning I found her sitting on the swing knitting socks. Finally she did one major grunting sound and left.

Now I wonder what went wrong. It was the second time that I had invited people via cell phone and they didn't leave and there was no option to send them home. Can you evict a sim from your parcel and how? My plot is definitely set to home, not public. I once got evicted from my former family home where I wanted to have the birthday party for my daughter. When I started making the cake, my cousin said they don't allow that. I continued and they threw me out. My toddler was able to stay and blow out the candles. How can I tell another sim that I don't allow them to sleep in my bed? That they have to leave? When there is no option?

Message 142 of 213 (1,563 Views)

Re: Guests not going home - a bug and a story

@Lailantie  I've merged your post with the master bug thread about sims not leaving; this thread covers both random sims wandering in and those who are invited but can't be sent home.  Feel free to click Me Too and add any other details you find relevant, and you can keep an eye on the thread for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 143 of 213 (1,536 Views)

Sims entering penthouse in arts quarter without invitation

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live in penthouse in Arts Quarter
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims who are not household or employees will just enter without being invited in. Even if my sim is asleep or at work.
What do you expect to see? No sims entering without being invited in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As mentioned above... My sim lives in the penthouse in the Arts Quarter and ever since living there, I get visitors ALL THE TIME and they just walk on in without my sim inviting them in. Even sometimes when my sim is at work or sleeping. I forget to lock my door and find it just annoying doing that. Sims never used to just waltz on in without invitation.

Message 144 of 213 (1,540 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Random sims in my apartment or house/ Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.1

★★★ Apprentice

Just to update, locking the door does prevent sims from entering without being invited - but now they're helping themselves to my family's pool in the backyard instead.

Message 145 of 213 (1,501 Views)

Random sims entering house

★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion. All game packs except Journey to Batuu and Realm of Magic. Stuff packs: nifty knitting, tiny living, moschino, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky and cool kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Seems completely random
What happens when the bug occurs? Random sims enter the house and do whatever they like. One evening I had 6 sims (I think) go through the front door almost simultaneously. (Currently playing in the old salt house in San Myshuno). They milled around the house, cooed at babies and one even harvested my plants. They weren't neighbors. Not anyone my sims knew, just random townies. Just saw on reddit that another person experienced the same, 6 sims just randomly entering the house. I have MCCC but no mods that change sim behavior. Doesn't seem mod related at all.
What do you expect to see? Random sims stay out or at *least* knock and stay by the door until I invite them in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Didn't happen before the recent patch.

Nothing more to add really.

Message 146 of 213 (1,463 Views)

Sims showing up to my house and I can't send them home?

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A lot lol
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, where the *send home* button is to send sims home
What happens when the bug occurs? at my household
What do you expect to see? A ton of sims that my sims know are randomly showing up like 5/6 of them and I can't send them home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The image 

Message 147 of 213 (1,427 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had this issue in apartments from time to time, but suddenly it seems to have ramped up. My Sims woke up this morning on their non-apartment residential lot to three Sims just randomly hanging out in their house that no one invited in. A few weeks ago, I had another Sim come in, make themselves a cuppa, and then take the tea and hop in the bathtub for a soak. Sweetie, my house isn't your spa, okay?

I've never locked the doors because I want people that actually knock to be able to come in and unlocking the door and relocking the door every time I have a visitor I actually want seems a bit less like gameplay and a bit more like work. Extra irritating is when I use a mod to make the Sim go away, and they decide to come back right after. Nah boo, you still ain't invited!

Message 148 of 213 (1,757 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? This is the first household that I've ever had this happen in. But now it's 100% of the time in this household/lot. 
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: Invite a guest over, host a party, or just play like normal. Household lot is Lagoon Look
What happens when the bug occurs? Guests will not leave. I invited a guest over, and they wouldn't leave after. The "send home" option wasn't there most of the time. When it did appear, I clicked it but the guest wouldn't leave and the option went away. There was no option for "ask to leave" either. 5 days later, and he was still in their house, cooking, sleeping in their beds, just pretending he lived there with nowhere to go. When my household went to school/work, the guest was alone in the house and the game supersped fine. It was almost like the game didn't notice he was in there. 

When I host a party, a couple random sims also show up. When the party ends, there's always one sim that will not leave. And same thing, they cook a lot, act like they live there, and there's no "send home" or "ask to leave option." 

Also fun, I was playing and a stranger walked into my house, played their violin in the bathroom, then walked out the backdoor and left. Sometimes I look and there's a stranger using my grill on the back deck. Another time I saw 3 strangers chatting in my garden in the front yard. Like standing on my plants talking. There's never an option to send them home, I just hope they leave.
What do you expect to see? Guests to leave eventually. Random sims not walking through my house. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes. This is a brand new save I made after a recent patch. I was getting annoyed at my old save, because every household had major glitches happening, so I decided to start from scratch. This glitch did not happen on my old save, so either making a new save or the new patch triggered the glitch. 

Things I've tried

• repairing my game (no change)
  • resetting guest/household sims (no change)
  • adding the private dwelling lot trait (no change)
  • locking the doors to everyone but household (kept random sims out of my house, but they still show up on my lot. This also doesnt help the problem with invited sims).

The only thing that has worked so far (which I hate lol) is if I do the mean interaction "go away," then the "send home" option appears again, and it sometimes works. But I hate that I have to be mean to my guest to get them to leave, and it didn't work 100% of the time. Then again, I'd probably be mean to a guest that refused to leave my house for a week.

Message 149 of 213 (1,720 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I, too, am having this issue on multiple save files.

All packs installed except Journey to Batuu.

Custom content is installed.

Running on Patch 1.70.84.1020

A series of Sims continue to enter my home (Evergreen Harbor, Newcrest, etc.) without being invited, even after I select Send Everyone Home. Private Dwelling only works to reduce but doesn't outright solve the issue.

Sure, my Sims have the People Person Lifestyle, but they don't need Sims just helping themselves to their homes at all hours. Please let me invite you in, learn to take No for an answer.

I would expect that people not enter my home uninvited, and would like to not have to hunt these people down to only sometimes be able to make them leave.

Message 150 of 213 (1,685 Views)