[FIXED] Random Sim in apartment/house /Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.133)

by Maysbat

Original Post

Re: NPC and Played Characters come in houses and don't leave for days

★★★★ Apprentice
@LonaBoom LOL - I have started making homes with private areas, where I "lock the door for everyone but household". It seems to keep them out, but I dont want to lock to front door for friends, family and key-holders... - Many of them politely wait outside the front door, while strangers walk right in and help them self to food... beds, showers or whatever they can get their hands on!
Message 191 of 213 (1,788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I mark the bedrooms locked to household only.

I lock the front door to household, but I've been adding people to clubs and unlocking the door to that club as well.  That way friends, relatives, and keyholders and such can get in but randos and paparazzi can't.  The problem is coming up with enough clubs, lol.

Message 192 of 213 (1,781 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Crin Sorry I keep filling out the form, but each time I post it seems to vanish... I dont know if its delayed so Ill wait and see, but im sorry if they turn up in wrong places...
Message 193 of 213 (1,768 Views)

★ Guide

I have this problem shortly after creating a new household, they don't have "Send Home" and atleast one refused to listen to the "Goodbye" Social Interaction. Now I realize this is mostly my fault for not setting the No Trespassing Setting on my Front Door, but generally it is my belief that since it is more of a "Non-story" Based Interaction "Send Home" should appear on all of these Sims and more over should work. All But One Sim left in my case, but that sim hung around a LONG while before deciding to go home. I've about had it with welcome wagon's in general lol. I wish there was an easy way to prevent that first burst of neighbores without setting "No Trespassing" within the first 5 seconds of a new household, or using up one of my Lot Traits for "Personal Dwelling" - Personally I'd prefer these people call in advance before just showing up anyway. If I want Nightlife I'll send my Sim Clubbing, my home is a sanctuary (in more than one sense of the word lol). Seems worst on Households that only contain Teens and no YA or Older Sims; In fact I was almost sure I got "Force Adopted" by that ugly guy in my house he sooo wouldn't leave....

Message 194 of 213 (1,729 Views)

Uninvited Guests

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? SE, EL, DU, IL, GF, S, CD, CL, GT, GW, JA, P, DO, SD, OR, NK, TL, M, MFP, LD, T, F, B, KR, RG, MH, S, CK
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live in an apt. or Vacation in Granite Falls
What happens when the bug occurs? Random NPCs walk in uninvited and hangout as if they own the place. If no prior introduction, there isn't a quick way to ask to leave.
What do you expect to see? Random NPCs wait to be invited inside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This issue started happening within the last year, after I purchased EL, SE, NK, and GF. I've only had it happen in Granite Falls (Lakeside Retreat), San Myshuno (VIII Landgraab), and Evergreen Harbor (Stonestreet Apt #3) with my current save that I started in Feb. 2021. I do not have a Send Home option to use so the NPCs just hang out until I can ask them all to leave, but they will leave. They come in waves of twos and threes and will all stay indefinitely. I have not had this happen at my sims' actual house, only apts and vacation homes. There was a previous thread for this issue that was archived in June, and no clear way to fix the issue.

Message 195 of 213 (1,685 Views)

random sims coming into my house

★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all the expansions, expect for eco lifestyle. I own dine out, jungle adventure, parenthood, realm of magic, strangerville, spa day, and vampire. and I own bowling stuff, kids stuff, luxury stuff, laundry stuff, Moschino stuff, movie hangout, spooky, and vintage glamour. No kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? do a normal play through and random people will pop up.
What happens when the bug occurs? random sims (either townies or other played households) will come inside the house w/o permission and basically move in. Cant ask them to leave and the door options don't work either.
What do you expect to see? I expect see no random sims basically force themselves into my sims Homelife.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. noticed after a patch update

So I noticed this started happening after the sims updated. Random sims moving themselves into my active sims house. I can't ask them to leave and they the door option doesn't stop them from still spawning. I do have mods, but bug still occurs even after I took out the mods. 

Message 196 of 213 (1,671 Views)

Re: random sims coming into my house

★★ Pro
@LeFarrah Sounds like: [NEEDS SAVES] Random Sim in apartment/house / Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.133)
Message 197 of 213 (1,666 Views)

NPCs breaking into sim's house

★★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: all, game packs: all, stuff packs: Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day, Moschino, Movie Hangout, Nifty knitting, Paranormal Stuff, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a sim into a house and let the game run until an NPC potentially walks into your house uninvited.
What happens when the bug occurs? An NPC walks right into my sim's house without notice whether they are strangers or not. There isn't an option to send them home. When the NPC comes into the house they almost always go straight to a sink to get a glass of water.
What do you expect to see? NPCs stop walking into my sim's house uninvited.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This problem has been going on for awhile now. I have also seen it happen to other people's game too. For me, the NPC either walks through the back door and right out the front, or they stay and use the stuff inside of my sim's home. Usually they go to a sink and get a glass of water. It happens occasionally with most of my households but is only very consistent with the one household that I am currently playing with inside of the same save file. 

Message 198 of 213 (1,590 Views)

NPC Sims randomly entering lodging while on vacation

★ Guide

Random NPC Sims Randomly Enter My lodging while im on vacation like they are in my household.

Message 199 of 213 (1,548 Views)

Unwelcome sims enter houses / cannot leave

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play for a while and a random sim wil enter the house and moves around as if it lives there.
What happens when the bug occurs? After a while more sim will enter the house, sometimes up to 4 random sims. They use the batroom, sleep in the beds. They start making dinner, play on the computer, destroy the dollhouse. I cannot make the sim go away and when my household sleeps I cant speed up cause they are there. The sims that enter are not known to the household. Never met them. My sims can talk to them but can not make them leave.
What do you expect to see? Not random sims entering my house without invitation or without ringing the doorbell.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/159_ICg-l0nP891ObycOP92y_aTxDztFd?usp=sharing

Message 200 of 213 (1,584 Views)