Re: Sulani NPCs won't leave

by Tkilroy36

Original Post

Apartment neighbour sims barging into my apartment

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, City Living, Island Living, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Get Famous, Seasons, Dine Out, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Neighbouring apartments in City Living
What happens when the bug occurs? Neighbours from other apartments come into my apartment just like that and not knock unlike ordinary houses
What do you expect to see? Neighbours knocking on my apartment door like any other house and not coming in straight away but instead wait for the sim to be invited inside or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Some of my neighbours from other apartments just come into my apartment just like that and not knock, unlike ordinary houses. It's really frustrating as I don't want to invite them in. The only way I can stop them from coming into my apartment is locking the door. But I really want to invite particular sims in and it's hard to lock and unlock when I want to when my other sims visit my sim. From what I've experienced, this problem happens in the Alto Apartments and Medina Studios Apartments. I only want neighbours knocking on my apartment door like any other house and not coming in straight away just like that but instead wait for the sim to be invited inside or not.

Message 91 of 213 (2,433 Views)

Re: Apartment neighbour sims barging into my apartment

Hero
@CharmB789 Also merged this thread. QA is also looking for saves here so just mention you have this issue too when sending your save (or send both saves if it's not the same save you reported the other error on)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 213 (2,426 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

How do I do this again?

Message 93 of 213 (2,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Like for my other post, is this the one?

C:\Users\Bethia\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\Slot_00000012.save

Also, I did a post a few days ago about my sim not putting laundry into the washing machine straight away.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/My-sim-doesn-t-put-the-laundry-in-the-washing-machine-straight...

Message 94 of 213 (2,376 Views)

Hero
@CharmB789 When sending EA the save (instructions in the other thread), just let them know that you have this issue as well.Include both saves if it happens on different saves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 213 (2,364 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I have random sims coming in but this is a modded game so I guess it would not help to send in a save?
Message 96 of 213 (2,356 Views)

Hero
@SilentK008 Shouldn't be a problem. Everything gets stripped from the save and since this issue is known not to be a mod one; i think it should be fine to send it

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 97 of 213 (2,346 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Oki. I will try to fix that in the next few days.
Message 98 of 213 (2,329 Views)

Sulani NPCs won't leave

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons. Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, StrangerVille. Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a Sim into a lot in Sulani neighborhood. Have neighbors, or any NPC arrive at your home, either with an automatic social event (example: Neighborhood Welcome), or just visiting. Time will elapse, and they won't leave. Options to ask to leave or send home will no longer be a choice.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC Sims will refuse to leave unless forced by some exhaustive measure, such as preventing them to fulfill their needs by removing all food, toilets, or beds from the household, until they announce they need to leave to take care of some things, generally after a matter of days.
What do you expect to see? I expect a visiting guest to stay for a matter of hours, then leave as normal, as well as have the options to ask to leave, or send home for the duration of their visit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug has been reported, and supposedly solved, in the past. It is still occurring for me, and has never been resolved. 

Message 99 of 213 (2,259 Views)

Re: Sulani NPCs won't leave

★ Guide

i noticed this problem in my households with guests not leaving started after ea changed it to 'send everyone home' feature, it doesn't work especially sulani, since they already programmed sulani to be an over friendly hood where any1 can come over and enter your house, use your fridge etc and stay as long as they want. but then when it comes to EA, their plague on their wall reads "EA programmers are paid to quickly create, release, make us money, not think if its a good idea or test if the ideas work properly"

Anyway cause of the bad programming  'send everyone home' or 'send sim home' while talking to that sim is that it disappears from the list after its clicked, and doesn't appear again till you talk to the guests again, but clicking send home does nothing cause they're still talking. Then it disappears again when they stop talking.

The work around i do is after i click send everyone home is have my sim go to a community lot, then have sim go back home, and the guests are gone. Yes, its very annoying but its better than having them stay sleeping in my sims bed and on sofas, using fridge for days.

This is when i'm glad its not a permanent open world so it resets when it loads another lot. 

Actually, i never tested if i can go to community lot b4 i even say send home will they be gone when it loads back into house, but maybe it might work as well.

Message 100 of 213 (2,239 Views)