Re: NPC Sims won't stop walking in home/ No send home or ask to leave

by CallMeMistress69

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Random sims in my apartment or house (Patch 1.63.133)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this most often with random people entering the house to get a glass of water. Last time one actually tried to have a nap on the couch. Tresspassing options don't work for outside sinks. This issue was from before Eco, but it has gotten worse.

It happens every sim day if I don't lock the front door for all but household and/or have sinks outside.

(I don't use Tresspassing and have Vampires disabled bc that option doesn't stick when Sims leave their home lot.)

Message 51 of 213 (3,516 Views)

★★ Guide
@Maysbat I've had a similar issue in the past on multiple housing units. The option to "Send Home" is not available, nor are any dialogue options.

My newest is the fact that I took the house on UBrite's campus and changed the lot from University Housing to Residential, and built my professor Sim a house there. I now get random U-townies showing up, walking into my house, and usually engaging in...WooHoo... No option to make leave.

I chalked it up to the lot switch and perhaps a bug, but I've had it on other lots just not to the extent I have on my UBrite house.
Message 52 of 213 (3,484 Views)

★★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper Yes, this *just* happened to me about an hour ago on a rotational play family who lives in that lot.
Message 53 of 213 (3,477 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly send me your save file? You can DM me the link to the save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 54 of 213 (3,413 Views)

NPC Sims won't stop walking in home/ No send home or ask to leave

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For me it occurs constantly throughout the regular days on my Sulani residential lot. I don't invite anyone, there's no parties, people just start walking in out of nowhere. There's no holiday or anything going on they just keep walking in, they were never invited there.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC sims just keep walking into my residential lot in Sulani regardless of the trespassing settings. I have it to disallow every kind and yet they walk in without even knocking and start using the stuff. The "send home" option that was added recently has worked for me up until his problem, when they started randomly spawning i can't send them home like that OR even ask them to leave through any means on the conversation. Random NPCs just keep coming and going all hours of the day breaking and using my things despite any lot settings and door settings. I have had no parties of any sorts, its not a holiday, everything is normal except people acting like my house is a park.
What do you expect to see? I expect for NPCs to knock first and be denied for entrance, i expect the no trespasser action to work, and i expect to be able to send them home and at least ask them to leave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It hasnt done this before the most recent patch which is stated in my game version.

I have tried almost every fix i could find for issues like this, but all the threads were from 2014-2019. Nothing worked.

Message 55 of 213 (3,450 Views)

★ Guide
@CallMeMistress69 I have a couple of ideas on what's going on here. First of all, does anything pop up in the top left corner signalling an event? Usually with Sulani, neighbours will come over if your sims are low on food, that sort of thing to help out. If there's nothing in the corner, have you tried to repair your game through Origin after you took out your mods/cc?
Message 56 of 213 (3,424 Views)

Hero
@CallMeMistress69 I merged your thread with the master thread on this.

Please share your save with Nick as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 213 (3,373 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi I read a lot of reports of Kava parties and such, but no, there is no event pop up in the last 24 sim hours. And yes before I posted this actually my last resort option was to repair it but when I loaded it up it happened just as much in the same ways.

@AriaMad2 wrote:
@CallMeMistress69I have a couple of ideas on what's going on here. First of all, does anything pop up in the top left corner signalling an event? Usually with Sulani, neighbours will come over if your sims are low on food, that sort of thing to help out. If there's nothing in the corner, have you tried to repair your game through Origin after you took out your mods/cc?

Message 58 of 213 (3,316 Views)

unwanted NPC guests in houses

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent update as of 23/07/2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but New Pet & Spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Chill around in your home and people will just come and go.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPCs come into house and use facilities (mainly computers, fridge/stove, and toilet). Only interactions available are introductions, no send home function. Prevalent in Sulani but other neighbourhoods too, houses only. Private dwelling trait on/off doesn't fix it. New save since Eco Lifestyles but problem occurred before too.
What do you expect to see? NPCs knocking on my door and waiting for me to let them in?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Particularly prevalent in Sulani, but I play there most often so that's just my experience. Happens in any old house. They don't sleep in beds, shower/bathe, but frequently cook/drink of use the toilet (basic needs?)

Definitely noticed after University & Island Living releases but not /right/ away.

Message 59 of 213 (3,209 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't know if its the cause but it didn't start until Power Conservation Day was taken into effect with my eco-living expansion. Plus my power never went off like it said it was going to. I'm not sure if that's because of my solar panels or what but I thought it was worth noting that the send home option went away and people started FLOCKING IN GROUPS to my house on that day. I never got any fine for using power, my power never went off, I just got the notification saying it would and people treating my house like its a park and there's no ask to leave or send home option any longer when there was previously,

Message 60 of 213 (3,195 Views)