Guests can't leave my house

by Roseus7

Original Post

Re: My Neighbors are washing my unmentionables & other NPC intrusions

★ Guide

I haven't really had any NPCs at the house personally. I have observed one NPC that randomly knocked on my door (Minerva Charm) who then sprayed one of my trees before leaving when I didn't answer. I'll continue to play around and have my sim invite some NPCs over.

Message 41 of 213 (3,080 Views)

Guests can't leave my house

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? It's updated automatically
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all the expansions, without 'vampire something'.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Invite people over and try to get them to leave.
What happens when the bug occurs? All the people will stay until you travel to another lot.
What do you expect to see? I would like the guests to leave my house without traveling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi there,

So today I had some guests over at my sim's house but they can't/won't leave. 

There is no 'ask them to leave'option or it's greyed out because the sim is already leaving - although he is not.

The only thing to solve this is to travel to another lot. It's frustrating. 

I'm not sure but I think this problem wasn't there before I updated my game until the latest patch.

When I played the game yesterday, with the new eco lifestyle expansion, there was no problem.

Yes, I do use mods but now I deleted them all but the problem is still there.

I also checked if my lot was actually residential and not a community lot. I moved them out, moved them back in, nothing seems to help.

How can I get my guests to leave my house?

Message 42 of 213 (3,127 Views)

Re: Guests can't leave my house

Hero
@Roseus7 Merging this with the random visitors thread.

Did only people that you invited come over or also others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 213 (3,101 Views)

Re: Guests can't leave my house

★ Novice

It's only the invited people (including staff).

Message 44 of 213 (3,078 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Random sims in my apartment or house (Patch 1.63.133)

★ Apprentice

I’m having this issue too with random sims coming into my house uninvited and no option to send them home or ask to leave - only introductions available since my sims don’t know them.  In IL they use stuff in the house and in GF they walk straight through the house (from the back door at that)

Message 45 of 213 (3,055 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Maysbat I have this too and I'm on a lot with the "private home" lot trait. They're not even neighbors, they're from all over the world. They're just there. I don't even think the game recognizes them as having been invited because I can't force them to leave.

No mods, no cc.
Message 46 of 213 (3,014 Views)

NPCs still come into the house univited [not fixed]

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010 (64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EP, all GP, a lot od SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? testplay the game
What happens when the bug occurs? NPCs enter the lot, they enter the house (not knocking) sitting down and having a chat
What do you expect to see? they knock on the door if they wish to enter or stay outside the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. new patch, new EP

NPCs enter the lot, they enter the house (not knocking) sitting down and having a chat.   i don't have the "send home" interaction, my sim don't even know them (so only the different greeting interactions)  so the problem is not fixed.

Message 47 of 213 (3,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Turned my one vampire into a mermaid (though I don't think that matters) and moved her into the penthouse in the city. Now every day different random sims appear by the elevator and make themselves at home. As far as I can tell these are all randomly generated sims because I have no idea who they are. The new "send home" command isn't available, only the old "Ask to leave", which still doesn't work properly. Sometimes they leave right away, other times they leave after a while. Either way these sims are not invited or welcome.

EDIT: After playing some more it appears as if at least some of these NPCs are intentional (which is an utterly stupid idea to say the least and serve no purpose other than aggrevation). They'll show up in my sim's penthouse, ask her to work out or beg for food, and mock her for not locking the door. The thing is, in apartments (or at least the penthouse) you don't have front door actions on the elevator and even if you place a door between the elevator and the apartment you cannot set it as front door and the game won't consider it a front door, which means you have no trespasser control (because the idiots who coded this didn't put anything in the game options to turn it off). It only gets more annoying because even though these home invaders are not welcome and weren't given permission to enter, the game thinks my girl is busy whenever they show up, so whenever she has to go to class or work I have to confirm twice that she is allowed to leave.

The "send home" action never appears on these sims. It is ONLY there on sims that are welcome, like friends with keys, the mail man, the repair guy, family, etc. Not anyone we actually need it for.

There was absolutely no reason for adding this bs to the game. The game has always considered the home entrance locked, like it should. The access control just isn't good enough that there's any reason to code it any other way. And despite adding this crap there's no option on the phone to "report home invader" to get these criminals arrested. I grew up in a part of the country where no one locked their doors and we never had random people just walk in. It's simply not realistic (but it is a criminal offence here).

Message 48 of 213 (2,956 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I've seen this on PS4 also. I had a secret society member waltz into Honeydew Fields to get some water, she then left and sat down on a bench outside to drink the water. She was uninvited and there was no option to ask her to leave.

The Sims™ 4_20200615170452.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20200615170845.jpg

Message 49 of 213 (2,903 Views)

★★ Guide

I’m having this problem too after the newest patch or eco lifestyle. NPC’s just come into my house and there is no ”send home” option. They can also come when my sims are at work/school. And they bake cakes, or at least start baking them and leave them unfinished. The only way to make them leave is to lure them outside by havung a conversation with them and locking the door from all sims except household members. And still they can stay at my sims yard or halllway even for days before they finally leave. This is so annoying that I had to lock 3 of them in to a pool as a revenge.

Message 50 of 213 (2,885 Views)