Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Random sims in my apartment or house (Patch 1.63.133)

by Lavendela91

Original Post

Re: House and room access rules not working

Hero
@SihaElle Merging your thread.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 213 (2,636 Views)

Re: Random sims in my apartment

★★ Apprentice

@Psychotps wrote:
@FuzzeePumpkinI've seen that usually two things happen. A sim will either come into my house with the goal of doing something inside the house, or they will come in one door only to head out another.

In the first case, they'll always have the "Send home" option since they're doing something inside the house.

In the second, using "Lock door" for all doors except the front stops them from coming into the house in the first place. And it also leaves the front door unlocked so I can still invite sims in.

My lot has no other doors. It is a microhome.

The people are seemingly just coming in to stand around and talk. Again, they do not have the "Send home" option or any of the other similar options ("Goodbye", "Ask to Leave".

Message 32 of 213 (2,605 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the same. A new Sim, hardly knows anyone yet. I moved her into Bess' house in Port Promise. Bess probably doesn't like being removed from her home and having it torn down, she comes by every day and uses my water and electricity (I live off the grid and this annoys me). Besides her, there are always 2 other Sims, one is a neighbour at this moment, the other one I didn't see in game before. 

There is almost always a Sim kinda "waiting" for me when I have traveled and come to my home lot. Which is kinda creepy. They then come in and use my utilities. Just go home dude, you're Geoffrey Landgraab (it oftentimes is) and I know you have a big mansion. 

When they leave, it's mostly not long before a new couple of sims show up. 

I have clicked all the options on the front door to make everyone stay away (love that, I hope it works soon!).

I cannot click the new "send home" option, it doesn't appear.

I also can't click on "ask to leave", that doesn't appear either. 

I haven't tried to make them angry and try to send them home through a mean interaction. I kinda don't want to because I'm trying to get together with the neighbour. (So her coming over is kinda nice, just the other two should really leave, haha). 

No mods, only CC is the OMSP-shelf. 

Edit:

Also, when I went back to the game just now after writing the above, Bess had to use the toilet. She is apparently a guy, she stood up while peeing. No shame, she could be trans or used a urination device, I just thought that was hilarious. 

Message 33 of 213 (2,575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I guess it is logical in a way that if gates and doors are kept open and not locked, it can happen that strangers just walk right in. For me it has happened that strangers have walked in for a glass of water and then left again. This has led to that I have started to use the lock for everyone but household members function, which works fine. Although I need to have at least one more door, for example a backdoor locked for everyone but employees too so that the maid and nanny can come and leave. This works fine with one exception, invited visitors. If a sim invites a relative or a friend, that person can't get in unless I actively unlock the door, which is a hassle and during that time a stranger might sneak in as well. The best solution would be if the door had the option 'lock for everyone but household members and invited guests'. With such an option on one door and the employee function on another door, it would work perfectly but it also means that the game must tell between an invited guest and a stranger or uninvited friend. The invite itself should be the trigger to let the sim in I guess.

There is a couple of other problems around the lock function that needs to be solved as well. The gates of your fence should be locked for all pets, to not let in stray/neighbour pets and to not let your own pets out, at the same time as the gate should let in all persons in the household, employees, visitors, guests and maybe strangers (I assume a stranger should have a right to knock on the door), right. So the lock for all pets is the only reasonable option to choose for gates unless you want to lock people out of your garden. I have set the lock for all pets function on my gate and ended up with a starving, dirty, miserable pet outside the fence, who can't get in to his own household. The reason for that is that if a sim has aged up or anything else which has made them restart and stand outside the lot, then they all have walked through the gate, but the pet has not been able to as it's locked for pets. The best would be if age ups etc. never made the sims restart and stand outside of the fence on the border of the lot, but remain on the inside of the lot. The second best would be to make the lock for pets function work only from the inside of the gate, so that the pet is locked in but if the pet happens to end up on the outside of the gate, still can get in. Thus a get in but never out lock function for pets. If the lock functions were optimised to work like this it would be great.

Another problem is locked doors in relation to the butler. I don't like that the butler can use whichever bathroom in a house to take a bath or use the toilet. I usually give the butler his own bedroom and bathroom. So if I lock all other bathrooms for everyone but household members and keep one bathroom locked for everyone but butler, it works fine with one exception, the butler can neither clean nor repair the equipment in the bathrooms that are locked for him. The maid should also be able to clean inside of locked rooms, after knocking maybe Standard smile. But perhaps a fix for this is a bit much to ask for.

Message 34 of 213 (2,561 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Random sims in my apartment or house (Patch 1.63.133)

★★★★ Novice

I've had the same thing happen multiple times now, even on new saves. No way to make them leave, extremely infuriating.

The Harris Family burnt down my kitchen in my Rags to Riches challenge!!!!

Message 35 of 213 (2,501 Views)

My Neighbors are washing my unmentionables & other NPC intrusions

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have neighbors at your house.
What happens when the bug occurs? Neighbors are making themselves at home with no boundaries.
What do you expect to see? Normal behavior
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. EL

My neighbors are changing the water out of my wash tub, hanging laundry, etc. I had an indoor/outdoor garbage can in one of my apartment lots and the garbage man came, took the garbage, charged me $50, and then proceeded to harvest all my vertical planters. 

Message 36 of 213 (2,521 Views)

Re: My Neighbors are washing my unmentionables & other NPC intrusions

Hero
@Willowana Sounds like this could be action plan induced as well.

Mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 213 (2,486 Views)

★ Guide

I created a new test save to see if I can duplicate the behavior. I caught my neighbors doing my wash during a yard sale, and the garbage man spraying one of my trees and then sitting on my bed to talk to me. But this time, he didn't take the trash that was in my kitchen. I'll send you the save.

Message 38 of 213 (2,443 Views)

★ Guide

Oh, and one thing to note: there were no NAPs active in the world for the laundry issue since it was before the first vote.

Message 39 of 213 (2,440 Views)

Hero
@Willowana So it could be the yard sale issue then actually. It's supposed to be fixed but it's not.

Do you see it outside of yard sales ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 213 (2,436 Views)