Re: Random sims in my apartment

by Maysbat

Original Post

★★ Guide
@crinrict No, they're still coming to my house.
Message 21 of 213 (2,941 Views)

Hero
@Maysbat Randomly or tagging along with others ? Is that still in an apartment or in another neighborhood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 213 (2,920 Views)

Re: Sim comes in uninvited and won’t leave

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the issue with guests not leaving, even after I click "send home" and then, a "waste manager" walked into my house uninvited and started playing the guitar. I did not have the "send home" or "ask to leave" option. I'm also having an issue where my sim is eating FOREVER, the circle gets about 3/4 done and just stops filling up, her food will still be full, but so will her hunger. I just cancel, but it's still annoying. This is all on ECO. 

Message 23 of 213 (2,905 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I changed the neighborhood and it still happens so it's randomly.
Message 24 of 213 (2,887 Views)

Hero
I' merged to similar thread

Guess it's still not working as it should then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 213 (2,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrict

FYI... The older "Lock door for..." method is working fine. It holds even after traveling.

The "Disallow" method resets every time you leave the lot or save/load.

Any sim that comes to the house has the "Send Home" option and that works fine after around a 30 second delay.

I can sometimes control it better by using the "Lock door for everyone but household members" on every external door except the front door. They still come in through the front door but not as often. What's happening sometimes is a random NPC will route either in the front door straight out the back door or vice-versa. If I set "Lock door for everyone but household members" on the back door, it stops them from routing in the first place. It doesn't stop all of them but a bunch.

I really wish the "Disallow" function was working properly. It would be useful.

Message 26 of 213 (2,845 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue as well, although have now locked my doors to keep them out and that is working, but means now I can't have people over at all without having to unlock them and potentially get stuck with more intruders, which is unfortunate.

I am in port promise with no mods or cc and do not have Island Living. I've had it happen at least 5 times, at least one seemed to be a tagging-along situation, but not other times. I only had the new sending away option once for a sim that I didn't personally invite in, it didn't show up for most of the trespassers. Some of the trespassers were people my sims were acquainted with, some were total strangers. Like others, having the new door options on were at best a temporary solution, and were undone as soon as I traveled.

I repaired my game earlier today, and actually think that may have caused the problem because I didn't have folks coming in prior to that, but that could also be coincidental or becaus the family was newer.

Message 27 of 213 (2,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have had this happen every day with at least three sims entering without knocking and without knowing them first.

No, I do not have the "Send Home" option. Nor do I have "goodbye" or "ask to leave". I do have those options with people that knock first.

Disallow options do not work. Yes, they reset when you leave the lot, but even when they are on they do not work. The only option is to lock for all but household. This isn't an acceptable option as I do want my sims' friends to be able to come in.

Message 28 of 213 (2,812 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@FuzzeePumpkin I've seen that usually two things happen. A sim will either come into my house with the goal of doing something inside the house, or they will come in one door only to head out another.

In the first case, they'll always have the "Send home" option since they're doing something inside the house.

In the second, using "Lock door" for all doors except the front stops them from coming into the house in the first place. And it also leaves the front door unlocked so I can still invite sims in.
Message 29 of 213 (2,789 Views)

House and room access rules not working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) The NPC keyholder for my Sim's house doesn't use it, just stands at the door waiting to be invited in. 2) Visitors to the lot, including strangers, will sometimes just walk into the house and even into my Sim's bedroom. The house doors are set to "Lock for all except household members" and the bedroom is "Lock for all except my sim" but these rules seem to be irrelevant as NPCs (both game-created and my played sims who aren't in my current household) will just wander in if they wish to.
What do you expect to see? 1) Keyholder should let themselves into the house without waiting to be invited in. 2) Visitors should abide by the door locks as set.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue began after either June 5 basegame patch, or install of Eco Lifestyle.

I forgot at the time to confirm whether the visitors had the new Send Home interaction option -- I think they did, but can't remember. 

Message 30 of 213 (2,801 Views)