Re: Sim comes in uninvited and won’t leave

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Random Sim in apartment/house /Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.133)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1,63,133,1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a while and wait for stranger to come to your apartment without knocking on the door (I'm not sure if it happen while living in house)
What happens when the bug occurs? Random sims coming to my apartment without any permission and I can't make them leave. In my case, paparazzi walks in and start taking photo of my sim and I was able to force him to leave but then other sim show up and sit on my couch for a while and then start talk to my sim but this time I couldn't make him leave and then another two sims walk into and join him.
What do you expect to see? I expect that they will knock on the door (like neighbors) or stop showing up at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had this issue before but then they were walking into my house and immediately leave and it was rarely. Today I had two unwanted visitors with short amount of time between their visits which never happend before.

I move out from apartment to house and the same thing happend.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 213 (36,774 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Random Sims walking into house

[ Edited ]
Hero

Invited NPC will now leave… eventually. You know that saying that some visitors start smelling like rotten fish after a certain amount of time? We had to tell the NPCs that well, they were a problem so now they should be leaving appropriately.

Fixed in Patch 1.76.81/ 1.4.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

TBH, I suspect a new thread shorty :D 

Anyways, there's a few threads that are specific for this issue for random visitors still open. I'll link them later as I need to search for them all. Please use those first if you can identify the cause.

If not, please try to describe as thorough as possible what you did.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 213 of 213 (28,566 Views)

All Replies

Re: Random sims in my apartment

Hero
@Maysbat Do they not have the new send home interaction ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 213 (36,675 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict They didn’t have this option but they left after some time
Message 3 of 213 (36,661 Views)

Hero
@Maysbat Could you try a game repair then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 213 (36,644 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I did that already
Message 5 of 213 (36,595 Views)

Sim comes in uninvited and won’t leave

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except: eco lifestyle, spa day and tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household and wait for someone to walk through the door
What happens when the bug occurs? A NPC or neighbour will come through the door unannounced and without knocking. They will start to act as if they live there (sleeping in beds, eating out of fridge). There’s no option to ask them to leave or “send home”. They don’t ever leave and as mentioned, weren’t invited in.
What do you expect to see? Sims don’t walk into a residential lot uninvited.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch was install (1.63.134.1220) on 5th of June.

No way to get sim to leave after entering property uninvited. This happened 5 times within 2 sim days. 

EDIT: I forgot to put in a detail (put this as a reply to another post as well)! My sim is a celebrity too - it’s not paparazzi that come in though. It always the option to “greet fan” or “sign autograph” although the intruding sim is not labelled as a fan.

Message 6 of 213 (36,513 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@b1brittany Do you not have the option to send them home ? Have you tried setting the new settings on the door ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 213 (36,465 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey Crin,

Unfortunately not! I’ve tried giving the lot the trait “private dwelling” and setting the door to only members of the household but it still doesn’t work. And there’s no option to send them home or ask to leave. 

Message 8 of 213 (36,466 Views)

Hero
@b1brittany There should be new options on the door to prevent trespassing. Do you not have those ?

If not, try repairing your game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 213 (36,448 Views)

★ Guide

Had the same problem in the apartment with the 'good schools' traits (forgot the name, but that's the only one with those traits). invited a neighbour in for dinner, and suddenly the whole square came in... (my cooking isn't that good). I had the chance to 'ask to leave' some of them under the 'more choices' category, but it was weird.

Also, is it a bug or a feature that this can happen during harvest festival? (I see it in the city a lot that the entire square will come if you call to a grand meal)

Message 10 of 213 (36,538 Views)