Re: NPC and Played Characters come in houses and don't leave for days

by nickinbigd

Original Post

Re: Sims entering homes without knocking

★★★ Guide

The Residents of Port Promise in Evergreen Harbor are notorious for just walking in, dancing to my stereo music, reading a book, or a number of other things.  They also walk into my locked greenhouse and start harvesting the plants.  I don't check to see if I can ask them to leave, I have a Mod, Deadly Spells, and I just kill them (explosio has great animation for getting rid of pests).  Trespassers will be Violated!

(They also feel free to use any equipment I have outdoors, like the Fizzer, Fabricator, etc.)

Message 181 of 213 (1,372 Views)

Unwanted Visitors to Old Salt House

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, island, get famous, laundry, university, patio, parenthood, Tiny living, spa, movie, backyard, fitness, seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move into the Old Salt House in San Myshuno
What happens when the bug occurs? Random people off the sidewalk and vendors from outside treat my house as their own. They walk in use my bedrooms, bathrooms. I turned on the “disallow solicitors, friends, neighbors etc. from coming to door” option but that did not help. The only way I could stop it is to lock the door to everyone but household and employees. But then when I invite actual friends over to hangout they can’t get in and just stand outside and wave their arms in frustration. I have had similar problems in Sulani. I have seen posts elsewhere that this problem was resolved, but it certainly still exists in my game.
What do you expect to see? No strangers randomly barging into my residence uninvited.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No photos needed 

Message 182 of 213 (1,337 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Random Sim in apartment/house / Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.

★★★★ Apprentice

I hope EA is fixing this. It's honestly making the game feel unplayable.

Message 183 of 213 (1,264 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Random Sim in apartment/house / Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

There is something called " situation_family_meal" that I have no idea how it is is triggered, but it seems to be mostly in family homes with kids. When it is running, food or not, neighborhood sims come waltzing right into your house. Mostly because there is a situation job coded in it called " 33909<!--job_guest_eater_family_meal-->" that if you look up, looks like it spawns a sim (<E>Spawn_VisitorArrival</E>) just to fill the job. No one invited, nothing. Mom cooks a family meal, and neighbors come running. I've had eight sims walk into my house at once uninvited, and they all had that situation_fanily_meal as to what they were up to. Who dreams this stuff up? I turned off the autonomy on the family meal, and the guests stopped.

Again, no idea what triggers it, probably meant to make parent cook meals for the whole family, but poorly done. The guests should at least be already invited like in most call to meal situations.

The weird thing about this is the trespassing visitors don't seem all that interested in food, even though that's what it's about. They love to play with my trash.

Message 184 of 213 (1,251 Views)

NPC and Played Characters come in houses and don't leave for days

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play any household and wait for either a NPC or played character to show up and walk in.
What happens when the bug occurs? Uninvited guests keep coming into the house (even with private dwelling and the doors locked) to get food or fill their needs, and there is no way to get them to leave. The characters will stay for days without the send home button. I've tried doing the repair in Origin and deleting some files I found in a help article. It's any house I play.
What do you expect to see? Sims to either have the option to be sent home or have to be invited in
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have also tried to go to manage worlds and come back and the characters still don't leave.

Message 185 of 213 (1,260 Views)

★★ Guide
@joywats24 I've had something similar like this happen but they would go home later on but they would stay for a long time and I couldn't send them home. What I had to start doing is build a wall around them and use the fire place to push them back and build a a one way out for them until the issue was fixed. I normally lock every door in the house so they couldn't go in and call them down stairs close to front door and use the teleport cheat to teleport my sims to their locked bedroom.
Message 186 of 213 (1,236 Views)

★★ Guide

Put your game on pause and build a wall around the sims that you can't send home 05-09-21_9-15-05 PM.png

05-09-21_9-15-40 PM.png05-09-21_9-15-44 PM.png05-09-21_9-15-47 PM.png

Message 187 of 213 (1,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@LonaBoom Interesting I’ll have to try it! Thank you! I’ve been trying to have the doors locked but they still go through them, so it’s been super annoying. 

Message 188 of 213 (1,182 Views)

★ Guide

I have done similar things, but it takes you away from the gameplay you intended and is so annoying (and unrealistic).  If EA isn’t going to fix this, there should at least be an option to call security and have them removed for trespassing. 

Message 189 of 213 (1,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@LonaBoom  LOL! but then they'll be in your house for however long it takes them to starve.  Wink

My favorite ways to deal with it:

Without mods:  Invite to travel! take the Sim to some other location (I usually use the park), then immediately turn around and return home without them.  Most satisfying in a thunderstorm or blizzard.

With mods:  MC Command Center has a "make Sim leave" option.  This is usually sufficient, but repeat offenders or other circumstances might call for more violent means.  (Example: a bug where I hired a nanny who never showed up so my toddler was home alone and some rando let himself in to smash her dollhouse.  As they used to say in Texas, "He needed killin'.") 

Tragically, on multiple occasions Santa--er, I mean Father Winter--has decided that he lives in my Sims' house now and I've had to send him on his merry way.  I've also had problems with NPCs like maids deciding they live here now.  Let's all go to the park, yay! seeya bye!

Message 190 of 213 (1,090 Views)