Re: [OPEN] Random sims in my apartment or house/ Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.1

by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Random sims in my apartment or house/ Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.1

EA Staff

Hello,

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files and couple of details requested below,

instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

I see private dwelling lot trait is mentioned but do you remember before trying with dwelling lot trait was any other lot trait applied on the lot you see issue on?
Do you remember the NAP action which took place recently but not now, any lifestyles etc?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 151 of 213 (1,742 Views)

I dont understand why uninvited visitors and paparazzi enter my appartment.

★★★ Novice

I have a Celebrity Home trait to my appartment and still, some unwanted visitors ans Paparazzis enter my place.

It is a Penthouse. But they should not be allowed to enter just like that. i cant even knock to the door of a house with a Celebrity Trait, why do they have the right to enter my Penthouse just like that. That dont make sense.

It happened with a Paparazzi and with that Welcome Wagon thing. Is it a bug or a way to annoy us?

Message 152 of 213 (1,721 Views)

Re: I dont understand why uninvited visitors and paparazzi enter my appartment.

Hero
@Pwellbhg I merged your post with the bug report.

Could you send your save to SimGuruRitzy as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 153 of 213 (1,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I've had this happen many times over the various patches.  The first one was a maid who decided he lived here now and put his feet up on the coffee table to watch TV, helped himself to the leftovers,etc.  There was no "ask to leave" interaction, just "Friendly Introduction," "Rude Introduction," and "Flirty Introduction."  It was Love Day and I wanted my Sims to have a romantic evening, so NO.  I tried a lot of things, including having a Sim beat him up (!) but nothing made him leave.  I finally had one Sim invite him to travel to the park with her, then immediately rushed home and locked all the doors and canceled maid service.

Twice now Father Winter has decided he lives in my Sims' house.  (I "me tooed" that thread.)

Finally, yes, my celebrities have to lock their doors or the paparazzi let themselves in, take photos, and steal.  (I don't have the Sharing is Caring NAP, no, the Paparazzi just steal.) I created a club with the Sims I want to allow in and locked the door to everyone but household and the club.

Way to make them leave with mods:  MC Command Center has a "Make Sim Leave" option under cheats.

Way to make them leave without mods:  Act like your Sim is in middle school and have them invite the unwanted guest to travel, then immediately turn around and go back home and lock all the doors, leaving the unwanted guest standing around the park in a blizzard or whatever. 

I've also considered using unwanted guests as Vampire Snacks, but that doesn't actually make them leave.

Message 154 of 213 (1,658 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Random Sim in apartment/house / Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.

★★ Novice

I’ve been having this happen for the last couple of months. Sims just walts right in to my sims home, start cooking, interacting with pets, trying to go in my sims rooms etc. I’ll lock the doors for unwanted sims and they still find a way in. Highly annoying. Almost as bad as the sims that won’t stop baking white cakes, which still happens.

Message 155 of 213 (1,510 Views)

Trespassing Townies!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing in Sulani on Caldera Camp lot. - Set traits to Volcanic Activity, Private Dwelling, & Sunny Aspect, also set No Trespassing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random townies just show up, walk in the house and help themselves to a glass of water
What do you expect to see? When the home is a private dwelling and there is no trespassing, rando sims should not just show up and walk in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 156 of 213 (1,514 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Er.  When I had the Maid Incident I googled for a solution and the top hit at that time was "build walls around your unwanted guest and wait 48 Sim hours for them to starve in a 1x1 room with no light or door."  I'm... too much of a softie for that, LOL.  I draw the line at "Hey, let's go to the park! HAHAHAHAHA TRICKED YOU BYE!!!!!"  Wink  Also they would be in your house for 48 Sim hours, which to my mind defeats the purpose. 

However, throwing that out there in case you have a different play style or are feeling vengeful. 

Message 157 of 213 (1,474 Views)

NPCs keep entering my house uninvited and won't leave - 2021

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? whatever the latest one is as of 2/3/2021
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them as of 2/3/2021
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, it just started happening after previous update, but I hadn't played in a while so might be from previous update.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPCs keep coming in my house uninvited and I can't "Send Home" Happens everyday with the mascot from snowy day, comes in and cooks food at my house like clockwork everyday. occasionally other NPCs will walk through my house.
What do you expect to see? No more NPCs in my house unless invited in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't have any cc or mods at the moment, they have been removed for a while and I haven't had an issue until now. I've looked around on other similar reports but most relate to apartments and are much older reports 

Message 158 of 213 (1,958 Views)

Re: NPCs keep entering my house uninvited and won't leave - 2021

★★★ Novice

tried to run the "repair" option on origin and now I'm having more issues, first of all, the game doesnt recognize trash cans or sinks anymore. I tried to get my sim to clean dishes and it said there was no sinks or trash cans on the property. Secondly, my sim can't go up or down stairs. 

Message 159 of 213 (1,953 Views)

Re: NPCs keep entering my house uninvited and won't leave - 2021

★ Guide

I moved my sim to the new japanese themed neighbourhood and got a couple of neighbors come in to greet me. The “welcome to neighborhood” event ended and one of the quests never left, she stayed to sleep on my sofa and eat from my fridge, started cleaning and emptied my trash can etc. There is no “send away” option.

Here's a link to my save file, the one ending 016 is the current game version. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LP68K7Rj6k0rL-8t8kb9rqwJ7_Z_z7A6?usp=sharing

All Expansion packs, all Game packs, all Stuff packs except: My first pet, Romantic garden, Perfect patio, Luxury party and Journey to Batuu. No Kits

I have removed all my CC and mods that I used long time ago and have done the cleaning process.

versio nro

Message 160 of 213 (1,883 Views)