Re: No variation in items for sale in magical realm

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: No variation in items for sale in magical realm

Hero
@ohsweetmarie I merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 51 (2,394 Views)

Re: Unable to purchase or win wand recolours

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem.  I can get all the collectibles except for 10 wands, which appear to be just repeat colors.  I noticed them on a collectible list on one of the Sims 4 fan sites.  I have done tons of duels and visited the magic shops many times.  I have no mods on my game.  Never used them.

Edit: @crinrict Yeah, I'm having the same problem. The ten extra wands don't seem to be in my game. I have never used mods, either.

(merged post) - Atic 

Message 12 of 51 (2,302 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Wand and Broom Collection has unavailable recolors

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah, but the problem is that you cannot find the variants.  I can collect everything except for the nine (or ten?) variant wands.  I would be happy to send you a file, if you still want it.  Maybe you have solved the problem?  I don't know.

Message 13 of 51 (2,024 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Mushi53 Problem still exist. Frown
Message 14 of 51 (1,963 Views)

★★ Guide
Message 15 of 51 (1,815 Views)

Recolors for wands are not obtainable without cheat codes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Snowy Escape, Paranormal, and the 3 kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game as a spellcaster and repeatedly do the things in the game that give/reward you wands, such as buying them in Caster's Alley or winning artifacts from duels.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever wands are available in the store or obtained via duels, they are always the same color for a given type of wand. For example, there is a teal and pink version of the "Wand of the Elementals", but you will never see the pink wand in the store or get it from winning a duel - you will always get the teal one.
What do you expect to see? For a given wand, all the recolors should be equally (or at least similarly) weighted when it comes to stocking the store in Caster's Alley or winning wands from duels. For example, if I win a "Wand of the Elementals" or see it in the store, I would expect it to be the teal color 50% of the time and the pink color 50% of the time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This issue has existed for a very long time (possibly since RoM was released, not sure).  Perhaps the reason why it has not been solved is that a different issue was reported (you can see that thread here) regarding how the game decides whether your collection for Magical Artifacts is complete enough.  That "issue" is actually WAD, but unfortunately multiple reports of this issue were merged with it, obscuring the fact that this bug still exists in the game.  These are two separate concerns, with this being a still-existing bug and the other just being a poorly understand design decision.  Just to be very crystal clear, as of March 15, 2021, this issue has not been resolved, probably because attempts to report it keep being merged with a "solved" thread for a totally different concern.  It probably doesn't help that the title for that thread is quite indicative of this problem despite them being very separate issues.

For those experiencing this bug, you can buy all the color variants for all wands if you use cheat codes.

Message 16 of 51 (1,737 Views)

Re: Recolors for wands are not obtainable without cheat codes

Hero (Retired)

@Seleuceia If you are seeing this in your game, please share your save as requested in the marked post of this thread. Share your saves 

Message 17 of 51 (1,714 Views)

Re: Recolors for wands are not obtainable without cheat codes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have sent @SimGuruNick a message with the relevant save file - please let me know if anything else would be helpful!

Message 18 of 51 (1,664 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict As this is still a problem, please can this be retitled/tagged as open/needs saves?
Message 19 of 51 (1,596 Views)

Hero
@eloquentmydear I don't know what the current status is from EA's side. Nick said it was by design so I'm still going with that for now.

I'll check with the CM if there's anything new though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 51 (1,568 Views)