by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster UI (including talent book) not working correctly

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Spellcaster with no points open up the Perks UI from the button in their Needs panel. The curses one seems to happen randomly. This doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time, but it happens fairly frequently.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the Error #1009 LUIE occurs, the perks UI doesn't load right. Sometimes, it prevents me from being able to open the UI back up -- subsequent clicks on the button to open the Perks UI does nothing.
What do you expect to see? No LUIEs, even if they don't visibly affect the game. Also, the Spellcaster Perks button shouldn't stop working after opening it the first time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This is directly related to the Realm of Magic Game Pack. This error has been around since it released.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>69578b0ab6496b785d87a383</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-09-22 16:42:34</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.55.108.1020-1.200.000.409.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.Gameplay.controls::RankedStatExpIncrement</categoryid><desyncid>69578b0ab6496b785d87a383</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.&#13;&#10; at widgets.Gameplay.controls::RankedStatExpIncrement/SetData()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Gameplay.PerksPanel.controls::RankedStatExpBar/SetData()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Gameplay.PerksPanel.controls::PerksContentBase/Populate()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Gameplay.PerksPanel::PerksPanelMain/PopulatePanel()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Show()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/DispatchToWidget()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/DispatchStoredOnDemandMessages()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::LayoutManager/OnDemandWidgetLoadComplete()&#13;&#10;rtim=23959</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>69578b0ab6496b785d87a383</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-09-22 16:42:56</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.55.108.1020-1.200.000.409.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)olympus.core.data::SettingsMap</categoryid><desyncid>69578b0ab6496b785d87a383</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Error: Settings Key: motivepanelcurses has value: [object Object] of type: Object and is not supported in UISettings.&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.data::SettingsMap/GetKeyValueArray()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::UIManager/HandleGetUISimSettings()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallUIService()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallGameService()&#13;&#10; at widgets.UIContainer::UIContainerMain/OnExitGameConfirm()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Dialog.actions::CallbackDialogAction/Execute()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Dialog.footers::DialogButtonFooter/OnButtonSelect()&#13;&#10; at olympus.controllers::SelectableGroup/SetSelectionAs()&#13;&#10; at olympus.controllers::SelectableGroup/OnButtonClick()&#13;&#10; at olympus.gui.buttons::Button/OnMouseRelease()&#13;&#10;rtim=26234</desyncdata></report>
</root>

The Error #1009 one is from opening up the perks panel. I don't know what exactly triggers the other one referring to the curses but that LUIE will show up if I play the game with a Spellcaster eventually.

When the Error #1009 occurs, the perks panel shows up like this
Broken Perks Panel Which Causes LUIE Error #1009

(Edited by CM to update thread title following thread merges)

EDIT (Crinrict): Adjusted Tag

Message 10 of 30 (6,134 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Issues with talent book/ perk bar (no bloodline trait)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game and open talent points book. But i think that is something that happens randomly..For explame it may work fine at first (as it did for me), but after a while it will just stop working. And then completely completly stop when it stops.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't open talent points book at all! First I clicked on it, and then it opened, but it was completely blank! Nothing was there. I closed it and tried to open it again but when i click on it nothing happens..And now i cant even open it. It drives me crazy because I have talent points now and I cant do anything with them..Also when i just started playing, ofcourse, I wanted to see some of that new stuff, and then it was possible to open and it was showing all things you cando with talent points and everything. so ofcourse I didnt expect something like this to happen in game later.
What do you expect to see? Talent points book to open working and not to be blank (or not be able to open).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Someone please help Frown Or fix this in new patch Frown

I was so exicited to play witches and now I cant even play them propely Frown

Also i do use custom content (only cc and mccc, not other mods beside cc), and yes i tried moving all my mods folder and I still couldnt open that talentpoints book..I also have MCD and Sims 4 studio so I am always fixing what needs to be fix, and always check what is broken or conflicts the game so I can delete if there is something...So im not having any last exceptions a long time from now, because I make sure everything is cleared. Oh and sorry on my bad english Large smile

Message 1 of 30 (6,444 Views)

Re: ROM - Talent points and perks book wont open

★★ Novice

I’ve been having the same problem. Even when I remove all my mods I still cannot access the perks menu... 

Message 2 of 30 (6,421 Views)

Hero
@MelanieEvoty097 Could your issue be related to this ?https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Spellcaster-Level-Reset/m-p/8190579

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 30 (6,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I was testing the new updated 6.5.0 MCCC mod, I was having the same problem with spell book wouldn't open and corrupted saves.. also, cheating the systems like adding points or using traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineWeak or any of this could corrupt the save or glitch the spell book from opening, and leveling panel glitch on the bottom of needs. this person also gave a warning 

https://sims-online.com/sims-4-realm-of-magic-cheats-spellcaster-witch/   will break your game.. it did to me.. I remove MCCC and  don't cheat the systems, remove any cache files and game is working as it should... I'm not saying is a fix for all the bugs.

Message 4 of 30 (6,399 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem. Cannot open talent perks window at all. How frustrating! Game is unplayable if I can't use the perks. I currently have 3 points. Keep clicking, nothing. I have ALL packs and absolutely no cc; using my brand new gaming computer. Thanks again EA Frown

P.S. Didn't use ONE cheat at all on this play. Not even moveobjects.

Message 5 of 30 (6,365 Views)

Hero
@Yormom2 Does your Sim have the bloodline trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 30 (6,344 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, no bloodline trait.

Message 7 of 30 (6,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Yormom2 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

@Jaelk As the other thread is about the bloodline trait, I'm moved your post over to this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 30 (6,317 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow, that's very nice of you. Unfortunately, I deleted the game and haven't touched it. I will try another vanilla game and see if it happens again. If it does I'll PM you the link. 

Message 9 of 30 (6,178 Views)