[FIXED] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion

by 3989

Original Post

Re: So my immortal Sim just died of old age

★★★ Guide

Here we go people! Immortal death number 1...

Simeon just passed and he had the immortal trait. ( supposedly) See pics. 😥😢

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11f34qVEnR6Oopsa8_xRwg8f8y8xuZj6lY1/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11gEujox4tv67PL0e5RckAABdz7c4RPOB/view?usp=drivesdk

This is an NPC death. No one who I have played yet has reached the end yet. Will be uploading a first save game file in a bit.

Message 21 of 86 (2,540 Views)

★ Apprentice
@aidans1985 Thank you so much, I hope your save helps them detect this bug. It's really annoying. Frown
Message 22 of 86 (2,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Creepy Interesting update: L was due to die next but she just mysteriously disappeared from the game. I have 2 house holds for this test and all members were good friends with her yet no one got the "your friend has passed away" text. Cant find her anywhere and its long since past the time she would have died. Its like the game just skipped the ghost phase and deleted her from the game and everyones "memory" of having known her. 😨💀

I also had given her the immortality potion. The first few days I had ROM I saw this ONCE with a different sim in a different game but thought it was a fluke. Since I am not using mods for this is there a cheat code that I could use to call a sims ghost that doesnt have an urn? Both Simion and L were off lot when they died so thus no urn. I set most of the lots I am on to be haunted in the hope one of them show up so I can add them to a household. 

In true Mischief Sage style...L has *POOFED*

😨😨💀💀💀😜

And now I return to my regularly scheduled panic about having to watch Morgyn aging up to Elder....😨😢😳

Update:

You know that weirdness with dead people sending you text messeges from beyond the grave? In this case it was useful!

I didn't have to look for her. L randomly sent Morgyn an invite to the spice festival so I accepted. And she in her supposedly immortal ghostly self was there.

The best part were these pictures I was able to take after I cheat added her to the household. It shows her having both the ghost dead by old age AND having the immortal trait...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/phvEUxJiUbAo86rZ6

How paradoxically insane is that?

Ill be uploading a copy of this save file at this point in a bit here. 

Update:

Ok save file #1:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cHArtGHAz9xnUiZelnKWNiOeKDmPUoPB

Look in the "Lonewolf" household in Glimmerbrook. Sage (one of the sims I created for this experiment), Morgyn, and now paradox - ghost L.Faba are in there.

The other household (Sisterhood Of Ascension) one of the ladies just aged up to Elder so I am going to keep playing till she goes. Everyone I planned on has been given the "successful" immortality potion. Except for Violet as she is a vampire. 

Anywho off to bed now.... Wondering

Message 23 of 86 (2,477 Views)

★★★ Novice

also the potion of rejuvenation like all potions has a chance to fail. if it worked, they go back to day one of said age, if it didnt they go to their birthday or in elder case 'end of life'. i have my immortal witch drink it to keep her young and if i get the 'its her birthday' message, i have her drink another one

Message 24 of 86 (2,432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've just had my first sim with the Immortal trait die of old age.

For reference, here is the save file - 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tKfmvNscoUlPEpXf-p4pgYoW1Av1Hg0t

In Del Sol Valley, there's a family called the Whites in the Pinnacles. Retta White, her daughter Wanda and *her* daughter Shanna were intended to be my coven of immortal witches, where I'd be coming back to play them periodically as they aren't my main sim for that save.

All three have taken potions of immortality and have the Immortal trait. I just got a notification that Retta has died of old age. Wanda is also reaching the point where she's likely to pop off soon, so you could probably replicate the issue when she inevitably dies too.

The really annoying thing is that I wasn't playing the household when she died, so I couldn't plead for her, and I can't find her tombstone so I can't use Necrocall & Dedeathify to get her back.

ETA: Actually, I should mention that ageing at elder stage is acting very strangely in my game in general. I have two sims with Long Lived but without Immortal who've lived entire sim years beyond the point where I'd reasonably expect them to die, and I've noticed three other sims with no life-extending traits who have lived at least two seasons past where I would expect an elder on normal lifespan to have died.

Message 25 of 86 (2,402 Views)

★★★ Guide
@missdeefying You could put the haunted trait on your main sims house and hope their ghost shows up. Or if they send you an invite for something go to it and then you can dedeathify that way.

Personally I will be going back to using the immortality mods and traits again until this gets fixed. 😞
Message 26 of 86 (2,385 Views)

★★★ Guide

EMERGENCY UPDATE: The immortality potion DID WORK for one of my PLAYED ACTIVE sims! 😯😀😱👍👍👍👍

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12TohCGUDukMAksGcCWQvI2iW-lAoJ9KX/view?usp=drivesdk

It shows she has the trait AND shows she has lived 85 days so far like how it looks for the vampires. No "has xyz days left" anymore.

So....it WORKS for PLAYED sims but not NPC sims you give the potion to?????  😶😨😳😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Im so confused. 😂😛😱 lol!

Message 27 of 86 (2,361 Views)

★ Guide

Interesting! That wasn't the case for my two elder played sims who had the potion and the trait. They still had the glowy elder bar and got a 3 day end of life warning.

I've also got an "immortal" adult played sim who I haven't been able to see the effects on yet, one way or the other.

Message 28 of 86 (2,337 Views)

★★★ Guide
@missdeefying Did you play them through the days they would have died? And did you give them the potion successfuly while they were still young or after they hit elder?
Message 29 of 86 (2,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@missdeefyingFalse alarm. I noticed her life bar still filling and I went to go play another household. When I came back she was gone. At least she was on lot when she died as there is a tombstone. L Faba died again too in the other house hold.

At this point I give up. I have posted my final test game upload below for devs to look at.

Verdict: Unless this was a sick joke by the creators or it means "immortal" by a definition other than the obvious, The Immortality Potion DOES NOT work. At least correctly.

Back to my mods and custom traits until its fixed. 😢😞

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cF06e8ofcdkb6hht-wifqKFG4EPjFUkw

Message 30 of 86 (2,240 Views)