[FIXED] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion

by 3989

Original Post

Re: So my immortal Sim just died of old age

★ Apprentice
@TheSteelRodent Actually, this always happens to me, regardless of whether their aging cycle is affected by other things or not. The potion of immortality simply does not work.
Message 11 of 86 (2,459 Views)

★★★ Guide

@WizardDanimy apologies then. I've never used the immortality. I don't particularly want my sims to live forever. I just use potion of youth when I want to extend their life.

Message 12 of 86 (2,413 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@TheSteelRodent To remove the  trait of immortality given by the pots, U can use the cursed version of this pots, it's a legit way to put the life on hold for a Sims. of course, when the bug of the potion will be repaired ^^.

Message 13 of 86 (2,382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Does it make me a meanie to have sacrificed a mermaid or two for experimentation purposes in testing the new potions on to find out what they do? .....

*shifty eyes*  Wondering Frown *hides the evidence in Straud's coffin when he isn't looking*

AHEM! moving along.... I don't have a "clean" (vanilla unmodded) game I can share where I have seen this happen (the immortality potion not working). But I CAN play a clean game tonight and have a spellcaster work their way up to learning the Immortality potion and CopyPasto a bunch of them and distribute them amungst sims and wait for them to grow old and die to show that the potion does not work despite selected sims did indeed drink the potion and it succeed. And maybe a video or two before and after shots of the test results. 

That I can do to thus create a "shareable" save file! Party hat

....and no harm will come to any mermaids this time.... I promise... Angel

Message 14 of 86 (2,366 Views)

★ Apprentice
@aidans1985 Did you manage to do it? Standard smile
Message 15 of 86 (2,325 Views)

★★★ Guide
@WizardDani Almost there. Everyone is getting up there in age. Had a few hilarious failed immortality potion fails the first time (ghastly consequences) and the main sim I created for this test died by Overload. Which wasnt so bad its actually fun being a ghost and I once one of her roomates learned Dedeathify brought her back.

I also gave potions to Simion, L, and Morgyn and it was successful for Simion and L who are Elders now, it failed for Morgyn who just aged up to Adult so I will have to wait till it wears off to try the potion again.

Anyways I am video recording my little experiment and will upload that once people start dying 😞😱😯
Message 16 of 86 (2,318 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Had this bug yesterday. Awful, just awful. Unfortunately, saw this thread just today, so in my game everything was already fixed, so my save-file will not provide anything helpful.

Message 17 of 86 (2,269 Views)

★ Apprentice
@rostsit How did you fix it? I dedeathified my immortal Sim, but he keeps aging. And he lost his dog as well Frown
Message 18 of 86 (2,265 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Dedeathified as well and added to family then. I think that they should age, to the max, they just shouldn't die.
Message 19 of 86 (2,258 Views)

★★★ Guide

Almost there. Got distracted by my real life.

Anyways Simion and L are darn near close to the time they should be kicking the bucket (and I gave them both Immortality potions that were successful) so I will update when they go. I left them as Sages however so I can see if there was a difference between played and unplayed sims.

In another household I gave Morgyn the potion and it failed so I had to wait till it expired. Curious as to what he has by default I invited him into one of my households I created for this experiment while he was in ghost form so I could play as him while I was at it. Thus sadly...UN Sageing him.

Off topic: How is it while he is a Sage he can offer you the Rite Of Ascension without knowing the spell himself? True being the starter Sage Of Untamed Magic he has Untamed and all potions mastered but not Rite Of Ascension from Practical line? Or is it just a Sage thing in general?

The second time I was playing as his roommate CopyPasteo-Ing Immortality potions and when I went over and tried to give him one the little sh**....er....Sim .... had Duplicatoed himself when I wasnt looking and I gave the potion to the wrong "brother"

Large smile (I have been recording everything so I should have it on video and will upload it to youtube when done. It was too funny).

Anywho its hard seeing him get old (as with all things in life, even virtual ones) and I finally got a successful potion in him and according to the game he supposedly has the immortal trait now and it shows so in his traits panel.

So we shall see.... 👍

Message 20 of 86 (2,198 Views)