Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion

by iyend928

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Has anyone checked to see if any sim was in the middle of aging or in pregnancy stage as that overrides potion effect.  Also When a sim is pregnant their age bar is frozen once in labor, she/he will not age until child is born, after child is born aging will begin the same day.  It might be possible after getting pregnant their aging resumes ignoring the immorality trait.  I notice potions don't work on sims that are in the aging stage, they won't work on NPC service sims because, especially, in City Living as Non Played service sims won't die, because they got the age freeze trait for being one of the few city employees.

Message 51 of 86 (1,762 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Sid1701d9 Nah, not applicable in my case. Both were Elders and far from dying.
Message 52 of 86 (1,737 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Sid1701d9 Nice idea, BUT the sims I gave potions to were either male YA, Adult, and never got alien pregnant, female YA, Adult, but never got pregnant nor had children, Morgyn, or Elders of either gender. It doesn't matter what age, gender, or whatever you give the potion doesnt work. The only way it "works" (from my testing at least) is if you give them the potion and STAY THERE ON THAT LOT forever. You can travel, but if you play rotationaly loading a different household breaks the trait somehow. When they reach Elder and the green bar fills up to the day they are supposed to die, they stay alive for weeks, months after... As long as you stay there. Once you switch houses and assuming someone in other the household knows your "immortal" sim, the second you load the lot you get a death notification text.

I spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME experimenting with this. I gave up and have been using the mod that basically fixes the issue since.
Message 53 of 86 (1,713 Views)

★ Apprentice
@aidans1985 Still not solved? Really?
Message 54 of 86 (1,672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I play rotationally with aging set to "Active household only."

So far the immortality potion has been working for the two Sims in different households I've given it to. Whether it's working as intended? I don't know.

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 2.35.54 PM.jpg

The age bar is full.

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 8.43.16 PM.jpg

"Elderly Demise" shows up in their queues and cancels everything else, but nothing happens and they go on with their living. Maybe this is intended, but... ?

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 10.01.52 PM.jpg

So far neither has died while I'm playing with another household, but that is probably because aging is disabled for in-active households with the "only active" setting I use. 

But.... It seems like if a Sim is "immune" from aging they should be immune, whether one is actively playing them or not, regardless of the setting.

Message 55 of 86 (1,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@crinrict  Hi, I have the same problem with my save, my elderly sim with the immortal trait died, while playing with another household, i would like to share my save, if  it helps to figure this bug out, let me know!

Message 56 of 86 (1,530 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm experiencing the same issue. The link will take you to a save file via Google Drive. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11eysnKS4G2gNb6XyGa_QdBOZ9eFPNYBL/view?usp=sharing

Both of my elderly sims drank the potion of immortality and have the immortal trait, yet both of them have filled up, shimmering age bars indicating they are about to die of old age... They've both already died of old age multiple times but I kept bringing them back with the potion of resurrection. They always end up dying nevertheless.

I gave them the potion as young adults. Maybe that's the problem?

Message 57 of 86 (1,457 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Polyxeniae Still not fixed 😳😞🤔
Message 58 of 86 (1,419 Views)

The trait "Immortality" doesn't work properly.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Tiny Living Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Run the game and get wizard which can create the Potion of Immortality. 2. Drink this potion by your wizard or another character. 3. Check the personality of the character who drank that potion. The trait "Immortality" must be there. 4. Wait until this characters life line will reach the end. You may wait also 3-4 days after it reaches the end. 5. Switch to any another family in game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Character who drank the Potion of Immortality dies after switch to any another family.
What do you expect to see? The characters who drank the Potion of Immortality never die from being old even if I switched to another families.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This character dead when her life line reached to the end immediately after I switched to the another family. 

5464.png

Message 59 of 86 (1,383 Views)

Re: The trait "Immortality" doesn't work properly.

Hero
@SL_Workshop Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 86 (1,340 Views)