Re: So my immortal Sim just died of old age

by aidans1985

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I actually stopped playing because of this issue, I accidentally made an adjustment to the aging speed and all of my elder humans and spell casters died off. They all drank the immortality potion. I would say there was about 10 households and I still have not figured out how I am going to retrieve them back and return them back to life. I know I have to address this before I can continue exploring the game because the ghost in the game get deleted. If I revert to a previous save then I also lose progress at the other households that I played prior to noticing the mass deaths.

Message 31 of 86 (2,408 Views)

★ Apprentice
@RicoBentley This is exactly how I feel - this is exactly why I as well have stopped playing the Sims altogether.
Message 32 of 86 (2,365 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you continue to play the game you might encounter the ghost in public and you can cheat them back in the game. Most of them I was  able to revive from the tombstone on their home lot.

Message 33 of 86 (2,355 Views)

★★★ Guide
@RicoBentley I found putting the haunted trait on anywhere you typically go helps bring them arround more so you can find them to thus cheat them back easier.
Message 34 of 86 (2,346 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion

★★ Novice

Sorry if this notifies for you, but people have shared saves and this is still the problem?

My sim was also not currently played when they died.

I hope we get a solution!

Message 35 of 86 (2,280 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@NLC_Mekune We won’t ea maxis whatever the sims company is is stupid sims 4 is stupid like why aren’t they fixing the bugs on a regular basis I’m so done with sims
Message 36 of 86 (2,257 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Considering this won't ever be fixed, I simply downloaded the following mod (the "Only immortal" mod), which basically fixes the issue.

Hope it helps you guys.

[Removed by CM]

edit: so it seems the CM doesn’t let me post the link to the mod the actually fixes this bug. Clever. Anyway, look for “Zero’s mods for the Sims 4”, specifically the potion of immortality mod.

Message 37 of 86 (2,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@WizardDaniThank You!!!

While myself and pretty sure everyone else GREATLY APPRECIATES they fixed the spellcasters resetting when they hit Virtuoso and added the prices to the potions so they can now be sold (on only new potions created in the game it seems), Bugs me a little that the Immortality potion still wasn't fixed yet. (Unless what they originally had in mind for it is really more complex than we realize to fix) I think the immortality potion was intended to be so those that drank it still aged until they hit Elder and then stop and stay alive forever from that point on, but could still die other ways. Probably based on the legend of witches being old. The thing is some of us don't want our spellcasters to grow old, we want them to STOP aging where they are like how it is when a sim is turned into a vampire. At least on some sims. On SOME sims I DO want them to be immortal Elders for gameplay reasons. They could add an "ageless" potion where it stops your aging where it is ON TOP of the immortality potion. Or turn the Rejuvenation potion into that instead of being just another Potion Of Youth reward drink. The aging part should be optional IMO. But to each their own, can't make everyone happy. Wondering

And yes both myself and others have sent save files, and I know you all on the EA staff are busy, just can we get an update on whats going on with this? Thank You.

Message 38 of 86 (2,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

You can have them drink the potion of rejuvenation to reset their current age meter, even though there is already a buyable potion as a reward trait with the same effect.  You could even wish the same effect if you like to gamble. Or even drink the life of essence for the same effect from the cow, if you like killing off other sims. It's like there is this constant theme of reselling concepts that are already in the game but just in a different way. It is important that if your sim is capable of aging as a young adult, assuming you would like to keep them there, that you figure out how you are going to do that beforehand. Apparently wishing for life right now does not reset their age from elder to adult or adult to young adult. So that means if they hit the next level, you'll have to cheat them back to the previous age group, unless there is something I don't know about. So I say that to say this... if you prefer an npc (some of them are already immortal) or unplayed sim to remain at a certain age, you need to either make them into a vampire, turn off aging as a whole in settings, continue to frequent the houses of unplayed sims to drink an age reset potion, or make into a spellcaster who will stop aging at elder. As an elder they can still die of overexertion and laughter, so I just assumed this was the reason they were still dying even though they are immortal. They just released a new update, I'll do a bit more testing to see what is happening here. I'm not sure if this is designed as intended or just the result of lazy coding. I will say though, that so far my mermaid who has drunk the immortality potion has been the only life state that did not die during this process. I'm not sure if there is anything special about her besides the fact that she is a mermaid. You can make the revival process easier if the spellcaster is living with a vampire, so that you still can access the house and use a necro+dedeathify combo to rewrite the problems. They still need to be readded to the household, but at least they added a new interaction on the computer to make the process more streamlined. Sorry for my rambling. 

Message 39 of 86 (2,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I noticed that the potion seems to stop their aging as long as you stay in that household and don't leave. The second you go to another household or travel they drop dead. Or even if you save and leave the game when you load the household you will find and urn.

I think my spellcasters arms are getting tired from doing Dedeathify and tripping over the 20+ undeletable gravestones at this point.

.....meanwhile there is friggen Baby Ariel over there smiling and being cute who is eternally a teenager!

Her agent has her on some strong black magic I tell you. The blackest if magics! 😂

Message 40 of 86 (2,123 Views)