Re: [The Sims 4 RoM] The immortality potion doesn't work

by Icekitten402

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion

The recently deceased friend's ghost invited my spellcaster sim to hang out at the bluffs. She still has the immortality symbol around her neck!

krista smaller.png

Message 81 of 86 (1,090 Views)

[The Sims 4 RoM] The immortality potion doesn't work

★★★ Novice

When a sim drinks the inmortality potion adquires the "inmortal" trait which prevents dying of old age. It only works when you play with the "inmortal" sim. If you change the active lot and you have activated age progression, the sims who had drunk the potion die of old age. It is very frustrating!

Message 82 of 86 (1,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@oscarcro97  there is already a Bug Report on this issue! [NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Sims dying of old age despite immortality potion - Answer HQ (ea.com)

Please click the Me Too button at the bottom of the original post😇 (the more "Me Toos" , the more likely they know how big of a problem it is.)  Also, feel free to add your own reply to this thread and share your experience on this topic.  
Also , as of last February, one of the Sim Gurus was still requesting save files for this issue so they can study it and see what causes it.  It would be an immense help if you could share your save with the Sim Gurus. 🙂 Thank you! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 83 of 86 (1,036 Views)

★★ Novice
@PugLove888 all most all of my poor sims have still die my sim world is bare but lil kids and fast aging young even tho life set to as long as it go immortality potion dos not work even on played house holed poor kids got had to watch there mom die and be took away cause they where not teens the mom had the never die of old age trite but she still die of old age the potion still not working to this date 7/21/2021
Message 84 of 86 (969 Views)

★ Guide

I just sent my save file and I'll probably test this again... maybe with some of my own sims.

I gave the immortality potion to a sage who was going to die soon (she had already died once, but I didn't save it). The potion gave her a couple of extra days because she stayed alive while I played the spellcaster family, when I went to play with a vampire family and even when I changed back to the spellcaster family, but after a couple of days of observing her I decided to have a break and went to spend the harvestfest with The Fyres family in Windenburg. After the harvestfest the sage had died :/

I was already excited that she had stayed alive for so long, but yeah, I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch :D

Message 85 of 86 (897 Views)

Hero

Hereee we areeee… born to be Sims! They are the royalty of the Unnnniverrrseee. They are immortal, your Sims have inside the Immortality Potion. They have no rival, no other Sim can be their equal… now that the potion works!

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 86 (3,645 Views)