Re: Sages wont teach spells even though friends

by Twikii

Original Post

Re: Simeon is confusing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm also having this problem. My sim is a Neophyte and knows two Practical Magic spells and Simeon says he won't teach her because they don't know each other well enough even though they have a full bar and she knows his relationship status, employment status, and all three of his traits. He will teach her potions just fine, though.

sagerelationship.PNG

Edit:  It must just be misdone text--my sim ranked up and he was happy to teach me another spell.

Message 11 of 23 (2,235 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Sages wont teach spells even though friends

★ Guide

I feel like this is also the case for me- where the game is giving me an incorrect refusal message. I kept getting this message from the practical magic sage Simeon despite having a complete full friendship bar. Even when I restarted the game I would still get this message from him. When I advanced in spellcaster rank, I was able to ask him and successfully learn a new spell from him.

Message 12 of 23 (2,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Not only do I have the same problem, the sage's icon also changes randomly to Bella Goth.whattheH.jpg

Message 13 of 23 (2,107 Views)

Hero
@Twikii You mean sometimes the sage is Bella or did Bella become a sage ? Did you click on her or did the message just display the wrong portrait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 23 (2,094 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I clicked on the proper sim/sage, but the message displayed Bella's picture, Bella entered the room, and my sim and Bella did the animations for interacting, as though she was the one I'd been conversing with.
Message 15 of 23 (2,069 Views)

Hero
@Twikii Could you make a new thread for that ?

Did you have mods in at the time it happened ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 23 (2,055 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Sages wont teach spells even though friends

★★★ Novice
@Lumiasta I have the same issue my green bar is full with him but when I go to ask him to teach me more magic he won't and same for potions he just says I've learnt All can so I need to experiment
Message 17 of 23 (1,999 Views)

★★ Apprentice

sims1.jpgsims2.jpg

My sim and Simeon are BFs but he refuses to teach him practical magic

Message 18 of 23 (1,942 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Sages wont teach spells even though friends

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone's still experiencing this issue, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 23 (9,595 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Sages wont teach spells even though friends

★ Guide

I found I had the notification explanation saying that they wouldn't teach me spells due to not being friends but it was really because I wasn't high enough skill. The notifications seemed off in my game, but this shouldn't be happening.

Message 20 of 23 (1,513 Views)